Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

With spring comes Bugs, Boy do I got the Bug!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 03:52 AM

Well spring weather seems to finally be here, and with the nice weather I've been thinking Bolens, Bolens, Bolens!!  Well, I got the Bug and I started searching for a few things to make my collection more "complete."  Last week I picked up a 600 with front reel mower to add to the line up next to my 800 and 1000. Can't find a nice 900 to finish my line up for the life of me!!  Then friday I was checking out CL and I stumbled across a Bolens Chainsaw. I've never seen one for sale on CL and I was surprised! The only saws I've actually seen in person are Brian's and I thought they were neat! Even more surprsing was the price! I called immediately knowing it would probably sell quick and offered to drive out and pick the saw up friday evening. The owner said it was at his shop, and he wouldn't be there till sunday morning. I asked its conditon, and if it was complete,  He said it has spark, looked complete, but he didn't go any further than that with it after he bought it. He also said he purchased it at an auction, At the auction a guy had 150+ vintage saws, and he found the Bolens saw to be unique, so he bought it. Then it sat for several years in his shop, and he has way to many projects, so he figured he'd sell it. I told him to consider it sold, and I drove out 1st thing sunday morning to pick it up.  From what I've been told its pretty complete and original. So I'm very happy to add it to my collection. :rocker2:  The Bolens Bug Bit again last night. I got a message from a lead I had a few weeks back, and I may have another addition to my collection coming later this week!! :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: My wife is gonna kill me! :shoot2: Enjoy the pictures!

PS- on my way home I saw the green monster! I had to pull over and take a picture of it! Not sure how you ride it, but somebody spent some time buildng it. :thumbs:

Attached Thumbnails

• saw1.jpg
  • saw2.jpg
  • saw3.jpg
  • saw4.jpg
  • lifted jd.jpg

• Bolens 1000, OldBuzzard, LPBolens and 13 others have said thanks

#2 Mtypython OFFLINE  

Mtypython
  • Member No: 80530
  • 258 Thanks
  • 292 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 04:27 AM

Nice, a tep ladder on the monster
  • fonz3482 said thank you

#3 Husky ONLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 06:24 AM

That is a nice looking original saw congrats.

#4 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,203 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 07:02 AM

Great looking gear Drive!

#5 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 855 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 11:50 AM

Nice saw! That should be a lot of fun. Thanks for the pics!

#6 gardentractornut ONLINE  

gardentractornut
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 67198
  • 324 Thanks
  • 322 posts

Posted April 19, 2016 - 07:19 AM

Nice looking saw!