• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TrukTruk OFFLINE  

TrukTruk
  • Member No: 72802
  • 13 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted April 17, 2016 - 09:56 PM

I have been tossing aroung the idea of repowering my GT19 (Kohler Mag19) and have a shot at getting a rebuildable 25hp Kohler Command. 

Was curious if someone has made a similar swap and what needed done, would like to keep downtime to a minimum and know how in depth I would have to cobble things together.

• Sawdust and jasminefh60 have said thanks

#2 Trenton OFFLINE  

Trenton
  • Member No: 83553
  • 5 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted June 19, 2016 - 03:30 PM

did a repower with a GT16 used a command 23HP EFI works awesome

PTO shaft is correct height able to use the electric clutch of the original engine pump shaft bolted on the flywheel side

had to drill new engine mount holes couple of brass fitting got the oil drain out the OEM hole even

Video of it running with new engine video

Edited by Trenton, June 19, 2016 - 04:52 PM.

• Sawdust said thank you

#3 Trenton OFFLINE  

Trenton
  • 5 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted June 19, 2016 - 04:50 PM

pictures of the conversion Pictures

• shorty said thank you

#4 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,545 Thanks
  • 3,930 posts

Posted June 19, 2016 - 05:17 PM

pictures of the conversion Pictures

Very nice installation of the repower. Could you upload a few pics here for those that don't do FB?
  • Sawdust said thank you

#5 Trenton OFFLINE  

Trenton
  • 5 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted June 19, 2016 - 05:23 PM

Very nice installation of the repower. Could you upload a few pics here for those that don't do FB?

thanks

I was being lazy I typically build a web page on my web site and link to forums however face book has made me lazy LOL I will throw up a page and link to it for non face book users

• Alc and shorty have said thanks

#6 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,720 Thanks
  • 4,280 posts

Posted June 19, 2016 - 05:54 PM

thanks

I was being lazy I typically build a web page on my web site and link to forums however face book has made me lazy LOL I will throw up a page and link to it for non face book users

We would prefer that the pictures are posted on the forum. That way they are here for reference and not lost when the website changes.

• Alc said thank you

#7 Trenton OFFLINE  

Trenton
  • 5 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted June 19, 2016 - 06:58 PM

We would prefer that the pictures are posted on the forum. That way they are here for reference and not lost when the website changes.

I tried that once my Web site has been online since year 2000 it has outlasted a few Forums in that time period

I have lost a large amount of data and tech tips that I posted on forums because the forums went away so now our policy is to keep tech tips, how to's and pictures on our web site. if this is a issue please let me know and I will not link back to my site for my data and pictures and will refrain from posting

thanks

#8 Trenton OFFLINE  

Trenton
  • 5 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted June 21, 2016 - 12:31 PM

as promised for non face book users a link to the pictures and little description of what I did for this repower Ariens_repower using Kohler Command 23HP EFI

• Alc said thank you

#9 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted June 29, 2016 - 12:54 PM

as promised for non face book users a link to the pictures and little description of what I did for this repower Ariens_repower using Kohler Command 23HP EFI

Where in the world did you find the small diameter exhaust pipe?? On the couple of repowers I have done, I have had to cobble junk together between the exhaust flange and the muffler, and mine look like crap, yours look great.

#10 Trenton OFFLINE  

Trenton
  • 5 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 03:41 PM

Where in the world did you find the small diameter exhaust pipe?? On the couple of repowers I have done, I have had to cobble junk together between the exhaust flange and the muffler, and mine look like crap, yours look great.

I bought the exhaust that was intended for a grasshopper mower and cut it apart and modified it to fit the ariens

#11 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 04:21 PM

I bought the exhaust that was intended for a grasshopper mower and cut it apart and modified it to fit the ariens

Interesting

#12 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,896 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 06:46 PM

What is wrong with the KT19? (I was just in North Central Ohio last weekend too between Norwalk and Sandusky)