• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,546 posts

Posted April 17, 2016 - 09:04 PM

This has been a pretty good week. I got a shed for keeping 10 tractors out of the weather http://gardentractor...lvaging-a-shed/ . The wife's day at the VA yeilded a taping that put her knee cap back where it is supposed to be. I got 2 tractors running. I picked up a free Wheel Horse C160 on Friday http://gardentractor...c160-1-tolland/ .

I went to the swap meet in Plainfield on Saturday morning. I picked up some small supplies, a nice Wisconsin engine from a Wards walk behind, and 4 dozen arrows. I saw several nice GTs at reasonable prices and visited people that I hadn't seen since last fall.

Saturday afternoon I started working on my son's car. The check engine light was on and the code indecated that the cam sensor was not right. When I got the top off, I saw that the insides were bent and a mess. I researched on line and found that it is common for these to fail on the Ford 3.0 liter V6s. 1800hrs on a Saturday, where was I going to get the part so that my son could get to school on Monday morning. My buddies at NAPA were already closed. I tried AutoZone but they couldn't have it until Tuesday and it would be $65 for the part and $25 for the installation tool. It tried Advance Auto. They didn't have it either but the store 16 miles away did. I called them and had Barbara pull the part to check what was included. For $38 it had a new assembly and the installation tool included. I drove down there and was done just before they closed at 2100hrs.

Today, I got the new assembly in and my son said that the car runs better than it has in a while. I'm very relieved because that sensor could have failed completely at any time. The car would have died and my son might have gotten hurt. I figure it would have been a $500 or more job in a shop.

I feel blessed. Good Luck to all, Rick
  • olcowhand, Gtractor, limebuzz and 9 others have said thanks

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 17, 2016 - 09:24 PM

Glad you got the car fixed Rick, sometimes we have to go the extra mile to get things done. :thumbs:

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 09:54 AM

It is so nice when everything just falls into place and you can actually get things done!  Glad to hear you had such a good week.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted April 19, 2016 - 08:35 PM

Sounds like a fun meet, always enjoy talking with friends. When it comes to the repairs it sounds like luck met "willing to do the work needed" once again ! Glad it came together for you, we all need some of those encouragements to keep us plugging, thanks for posting :thumbs: