• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 easternharvest OFFLINE  

easternharvest
  • Member No: 80494
  • 154 Thanks
  • 140 posts

Posted April 22, 2016 - 10:13 PM

Thanks for your posts, I am dealing with the same problem with the carb on my 210. I was able to break mine down though...
  • MrMarty51 said thank you

#17 MrMarty51 OFFLINE  

MrMarty51
  • Member No: 62893
  • 141 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted April 25, 2016 - 08:01 PM

Thanks for your posts, I am dealing with the same problem with the carb on my 210. I was able to break mine down though...

The vinegar sure did a nice job of cleaning components.

I found out about the vinegar from a Harley forum where I am a member,

A guy posted in there about cleaning out a Harley tank using vinegar.

I have My cousins 1974 T150 Triumph Trident in the garage, getting some transmission and clutch work done in it.

He took the tank to a paint shop, with the understanding that the shop would clean out and flush the tank, they didnt, Painted it all nice and pretty though.

When Jay brought the Triumph to Me, He asked if I could clean and flush the tank, without damaging the paint. I`ll give it a whirl, is what I told Him. The vinegar treatment worked wonderfully, about three gallons, a gallon at a time between dumps.

When I got it so it is shiny within, I used as hot of water as the faucet would dispel, dumped as much of the water as I could, let it evaporate, blew it dry inside, a quart of 99% rubbing alcohol, dumped that then made an extremely rich mix of two stroke oil and premium grade gasoline, about a gallon of that and I do not think it will rust up again, as long as it is not stored out in the sun and enough fuel is run through it to keep it freshened up.

The cousin is getting into His mid seventies, I hope He can still ride it over the next ten years. He does love his Triumphs.

• lrhredjb and easternharvest have said thanks

#18 MrMarty51 OFFLINE  

MrMarty51
  • 141 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted June 16, 2016 - 05:22 PM

Several months later and several projects too, I was finally able to start the 110.

The carburetor works perfectly.

I built a new wire harness. I seemed to not be able to find the three terminal ignition switch so I got one from ebay, for a Wisconsin, five terminal. I got that all hooked up. There was one terminal marked O so I put the Orange wire there. I will have to look at the old harness and switch to be see where the gen indicator wire is suppose to go and change that.

But for now, it starts and runs and the carb seems to be working as it should.

#19 lrhredjb OFFLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 281 Thanks
  • 270 posts

Posted June 17, 2016 - 08:34 AM

The vinegar sure did a nice job of cleaning components.

I found out about the vinegar from a Harley forum where I am a member,

dumped as much of the water as I could, let it evaporate, blew it dry inside, a quart of 99% rubbing alcohol, dumped that then made an extremely rich mix of two stroke oil and premium grade gasoline, about a gallon of that and I do not think it will rust up again, as long as it is not stored out in the sun

Where can you buy 99% rubbing alcohol? I've never seen in before, typical strength is 70%. Enjoyed your post. I too may have some MC tanks to clean.

#20 MrMarty51 OFFLINE  

MrMarty51
  • 141 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 09:52 AM

Where can you buy 99% rubbing alcohol? I've never seen in before, typical strength is 70%. Enjoyed your post. I too may have some MC tanks to clean.

I got the 99% from the drug store.

Sorry it took so long to get a reply back to You.