Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Got some keychains for the garden tractors in the mail today!

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#46 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 04:37 PM

Bottom line........ it just wasn't worth the hassle and I think that George is nuts for even going down that road in the first place.

I have been called a lot worse LOL.

I will say though about the shirts is, we will only be carrying one color from now on and it will be a lighter universal color (light gray). That way all we have to worry about is sizes. It is impossible to keep stock of anything without having a bunch sitting also. There is absolutely no money in it which isn't why we do it anyway.

#47 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 04:39 PM

Alright guys, on a serious note. Those that want keychains please either pm me or post here in the thread how many you would like so I can get an idea of how many to order. I already received two messages regarding quantities. For our friends across the northern border I am going to see about having them shipped directly to you if the maker will do that for me.

#48 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 04:41 PM

I will say though about the shirts is, we will only be carrying one color from now on and it will be a lighter universal color (light gray). That way all we have to worry about is sizes. It is impossible to keep stock of anything without having a bunch sitting also. There is absolutely no money in it which isn't why we do it anyway.

I will buy all the green shirts in the size I took the last time then. Thank you. (will figure out size later when I see my shirt next)

#49 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 04:48 PM

I will buy all the green shirts in the size I took the last time then. Thank you. (will figure out size later when I see my shirt next)

I think you got an x large because I remember thinking it was going to be too big because of how skinny you are LOL. I have a funny feeling too that it was the last XL green but I could be wrong. I will have to check.

#50 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 04:51 PM

George,
We've both been called a lot worse but that wasn't the point I was trying to make. Member MATTS seems to think that site owners should jump through hoops to provide merchandise for their members and that he has the right to be pissed off when his own personal timetable is not being met. That's what I would call unreasonable and my post tried to point out why ventures into merchandise is simply a bad idea.

The initial cost outlay is high and so is the amount of time a site owner must spend to put it all together initially and then deal with the orders that flow in. As you said, there isn't a dime to be made doing this and if the truth were known, the potential to lose money on these items is very high. I'm not into money-losing ventures and that's why we kicked the whole merchandising idea to the curb. My post was not intended to be derogatory George and I think that you already knew that.

#51 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 04:57 PM

My post was not intended to be derogatory George and I think that you already knew that.

I know, just trying to lighten the mood and it's been a long weekend.

#52 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 05:02 PM

I would like to order atleast 10 of these, and also the plow day DVD, can you invoice me, so I can send you a PayPal.

#53 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 05:10 PM

I think you got an x large because I remember thinking it was going to be too big because of how skinny you are LOL. I have a funny feeling too that it was the last XL green but I could be wrong. I will have to check.

I was thinking it was XL also but wasn't sure so wanted to hear what you said lol. It fit exactly how I like my T-shirts, a little loose and a little below my beltline. I don't tuck my shirt so I hate to show my arse when I bend over to tie my shoe LOL. even if you are down to just LARGE's I will take those too, I am sure they will fit also. :D
Also, I would like to get 3 GTtalk keychains.

#54 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,474 Thanks
  • 39,712 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 05:16 PM

I'll take three keychains also.

#55 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 05:17 PM

Put me down for 4 key fobs George.

#56 K3522 OFFLINE  

K3522

• Member No: 3423
  • 7 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 07:42 PM

I am new to this forum but I have to say, don't take this site for grant it. I was looking for a place to get help in the future when my garden tractor breaks down and I know will get help here and that is most likely one the biggest reasons this site lives.

Thank you for the site and the work behind the scene.
  • grand, caseguy, Orangeman05 and 2 others have said thanks

#57 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 08:46 PM

Thanks for the compliments k3522

And Welcome to GTT!

#58 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 08:49 PM

I'll take 4 Key chains George....

#59 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 09:34 PM

:wave: K3522 Welcome to GTTalk! We're glad that you like the forum! Thank you for voicing the appreciation as well! Let us know what you've got. We also love pics! And lastly, We'll be here when you need us!

#60 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,311 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 01:44 AM

George, can you work up a bill for 10? Half for me and the kiddos and a couple for giveaways at the show this summer.

Does it look like you will be doing this periodically or does this look like a one time thing?