Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Got some keychains for the garden tractors in the mail today!

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#31 matts OFFLINE  

matts

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2175
  • 48 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted May 21, 2011 - 09:23 PM

So this still hasnt happened? Probly no shirts either? Figures. Seems to be the norm with people on this forum.

#32 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted May 21, 2011 - 09:27 PM

Just saw this thread. Must have missed it first time around. Great looking key chains George.

#33 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted May 21, 2011 - 09:54 PM

So this still hasnt happened? Probly no shirts either? Figures. Seems to be the norm with people on this forum.

We are sorry that we seem to be your poor second cousins but the folks that do like us seem to have enough patience to wait until funds are available to buy shirts and hats and now key chains.
Please keep checking back because we do try to meet our member's expectations.

#34 matts OFFLINE  

matts

Tractorholic

• 48 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted May 21, 2011 - 10:08 PM

We are sorry that we seem to be your poor second cousins but the folks that do like us seem to have enough patience to wait until funds are available to buy shirts and hats and now key chains.
Please keep checking back because we do try to meet our member's expectations.

If funds are an issue maybe we shouldnt reject them when people want to help out by paying up front.

Edited by Bolens 1000, May 21, 2011 - 10:20 PM.
Language

#35 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted May 21, 2011 - 10:28 PM

If funds are an issue maybe we shouldnt reject them when people want to help out by paying up front.

I don't think that there was any reason to be so insulting. I was not trying to post any comments that would cause such a violent retort. I just wanted folks to know that my son is doing his best to keep this site going.If you would please explain your comment about paying up front I could better answer your comment. Until then HAVE A NICE DAY.

#36 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 21, 2011 - 10:30 PM

"People with this forum" ????

#37 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted May 21, 2011 - 10:30 PM

If you are not aware...It takes alot of effort, time and money to run a forum. There is alot of behind the scenes work and dedication that goes into making this forum better and if you ask me, thats alot for one person to handle.

Key chains and shirts will come.... Please be patient

#38 matts OFFLINE  

matts

Tractorholic

• 48 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted May 21, 2011 - 10:34 PM

"People with this forum" ????

You seem suprised? Im sure you know of at least 1 of the cases I speak of?

#39 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted May 21, 2011 - 10:57 PM

I have gotten home from my last trip and mowed most of our grass and set in front of the computer to see what has happened on the web site and after a day that has now exceeded 24 hours, I am now going to call it a night. I am disappointed that I would offend a fellow member about things on this site by just posting my own feelings. Such is life.

#40 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 05:25 AM

Matt, between shows, family, taking care of the site, and funds the stuff doesn't happen overnight. If you don't like it here you are more then welcome to move on to greener pastures. Your post was edited to remove the derogatory comment. That isn't what this site is about and if you do it again you won't have a choice but to move on.

#41 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 06:40 AM

Would be cool to see garden tractors at shows sporting a GTtalk keychain though :D

I don't know about anyone else but I certainly would not leave a key in the ignition while my tractor was on display at a show. With all the brats roaming around that parents fail to keep under control, that key would be gone in a flash, along with the keychain. And some of these monsters would be trying to start the tractor unless you disconnected a battery cable.

#42 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 06:45 AM

Good point Hydriv, even with our little show, there can be some curious kids and I do pull keys.
How about: "It would be cool to see someone driving their tractor at a show with a GTT keychain"? :D

Edited by MH81, May 22, 2011 - 06:55 AM.
Grammar awful before coffee, I sounded like a dolt

#43 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 06:53 AM

You know ,I may go a little overboard on taking keys out of ignitions, but I even take the keys out of my tractors when they are locked in the garage.The way I look at it,if someone does break in,at least they won't be able to start them up and drive them out.

#44 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 06:56 AM

I will also find out if it is possible for the guy to just ship straight to those in Canada to save some shipping.

Makes total sense. Also save about 3 weeks time.

#45 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 07:34 AM

I'm not sure as to EXACTLY what it is that you are unhappy with but as someone who owns a garden tractor forum, I will share the following with you.

The topic of Tee shirts and hats came up for discussion in our ADMIN forum and after considerable thought, we abandoned the idea for the following reasons.

1. Apparel of any kind is a fashion statement and some people are very picky about what color of clothing they wear.

2. Even if we stuck with a single color of Tee shirt, we would have to order in a certain quantity of each size (extra small, small, medium, large, X large, XX large and XXX large) in order to cover all of the body types out there.

3. There is no guarantee that ever Tee shirt purchased will end up being bought. So, we would have to factor in the shipping fee plus the unsold inventory losses into our price charged to members.

4. QUALITY. If we purchased a low cost Tee shirt so that it met a certain price point, some members would complain that we were trying to sell them crap and would post that message, thus discouraging other members from buying. If we purchased high quality Tee shirts, then members would whine that they couldn't afford to buy them.

5. Someone would have to deal with purchases made by members by making up shipping labels, finding suitable packaging, typing up the paid invoice and putting that plus the shirt into the package, sealing it and then taking it to the post office for the lowest cost of shipping. All of that takes time.... a lot of time. And no one is going to compensate us for doing all of that.

6. WARRANTY - Invariably, some members are going to think that their Tee shirt should have a certain lifespan and if it fails to live up to that expectation, then they will send it back and demand a refund.

Bottom line........ it just wasn't worth the hassle and I think that George is nuts for even going down that road in the first place.