• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Bolens800uk ONLINE  

Bolens800uk
  • Member No: 63893
  • 1,165 Thanks
  • 919 posts

Posted April 14, 2016 - 12:20 AM

That's a great find and with the added bonus of a cylinder mower too. I think it's also a fuel related issue too as it ran ok before you got it back home. I would also drain the tank too and replace the fuel lines.
  • blackjackjakexxix and boyscout862 have said thanks

#17 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted April 14, 2016 - 05:59 AM

That is a true piece of history with the reel mower attachment. Thanks for posting the photos. I agree with all the folks above that it likely is a fuel issue. I'm confidant you will sort it out and enjoy it for a long time, they really are tough little tractors :thumbs:

• blackjackjakexxix and boyscout862 have said thanks

#18 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 802 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted April 14, 2016 - 07:17 AM

Sure is a cool lookin tractor.

#19 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted April 14, 2016 - 06:17 PM

Had about 5 min to tinker with it today. I found that The gas cap vent isn't clogged, and now it won't even start or stumble. Next is to remove the fuel, replace the line, and go from there. Or just dump alittle fuel in the spark plug hole and see if it fires up right away. Then I know it's fuel related. Also, big shout out to Brian(Bolens 1000). I forgot to mention, he once again helped me through the finding/buying process and is now helping me with parts.
  • Bolens 1000, Bruce Dorsi, Bolens800uk and 1 other said thanks

#20 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted April 15, 2016 - 09:08 AM

Went out in the shop 1st thing this morning before my little guy woke up. I checked for spark, I had good spark at the plug. I decided to take a chance at carb. I tried removing the fuel line, and it was so hard and brittle it cracked where I didn't want it too and made a fuel mess! I then removed the carb and took it apart. The long jet was filthy, the bowl has sediment in it and the jet under the float was dirty. Wish I took pictures before i kinda cleaned them with a rag, but I didn't. I ordered up some parts from Brian. Hope to have it running next week. If I remember how it goes back together! Lol!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

• Bolens 1000, Bolens800uk, AA Hayes and 1 other said thanks

#21 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,203 posts

Posted April 15, 2016 - 09:11 AM

That was likely your issue all along and the ride home shook up all the crap and clogged a port most likely

That is some nasty looking fuel line too!

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#22 Chubien ONLINE  

Chubien
  • Member No: 61561
  • 605 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted April 15, 2016 - 09:15 AM

All that junk in your carb is probably coming from your fuel tank (even though it may look clean), I usually give the tank a thorough cleaning and install a new fuel valve along with the new fuel line before installing a clean rebuilt carb, saves having to do the carb twice!
  • blackjackjakexxix and AA Hayes have said thanks

#23 SC Farmer OFFLINE  

SC Farmer
  • Member No: 78769
  • 227 Thanks
  • 150 posts

Posted April 15, 2016 - 11:09 AM

Well, I agree with all above - air + gas + electricity = mowing time.  I think you got a good'un there and the problem will be a simple fix.

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#24 AA Hayes OFFLINE  

AA Hayes
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 67383
  • 324 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted April 15, 2016 - 08:04 PM

Went out in the shop 1st thing this morning before my little guy woke up. I checked for spark, I had good spark at the plug. I decided to take a chance at carb. I tried removing the fuel line, and it was so hard and brittle it cracked where I didn't want it too and made a fuel mess! I then removed the carb and took it apart. The long jet was filthy, the bowl has sediment in it and the jet under the float was dirty. Wish I took pictures before i kinda cleaned them with a rag, but I didn't. I ordered up some parts from Brian. Hope to have it running next week. If I remember how it goes back together! Lol!

Glad to see you decided to tackle that carb. It will be very rewarding when it goes back together and runs like a champ. I suggest getting a good fuel filter, new shot off on tank like chubien said, and some proper fuel line, (the black line, not that clear junk.)
  • blackjackjakexxix and Bolens800uk have said thanks