• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,731 Thanks
  • 4,288 posts

Posted April 13, 2016 - 06:43 AM

In your third picture, the rod coming up through the bracket with the square top on it. The cable should come up from the bottom through the holes beside it and is held with cable nuts. The cable needs a 90 degree bend and go through the hole that can be seen in the square block. The block will need to be turned toward the cable and the set screw in the top holds it. It should be a model 14 Briggs. There is a good manual for that engine here that should show it,  http://gardentractor...30pt-1-and-pt2/

#18 jimmy G OFFLINE  

jimmy G
  • Member No: 78021
  • 312 Thanks
  • 242 posts

Posted April 13, 2016 - 07:56 AM

I'm glad you found us. We have a couple of guys who are pretty sharp on 2 wheelers.

#19 jimmy G OFFLINE  

jimmy G
  • 312 Thanks
  • 242 posts

Posted April 13, 2016 - 08:14 AM

This is one of them, if Doug t says it then that is the way it should be.I'll have to find another reason to dig through my engine pile now
  • DougT said thank you

#20 jimmy G OFFLINE  

jimmy G
  • 312 Thanks
  • 242 posts

Posted April 13, 2016 - 09:50 AM

The two jam nuts in pic belong together on the top flange(I think), one on top one underneath,I'll get Doug approved sooner or later

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20160413_100705.jpg

• DougT and Lauber1 have said thanks

#21 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,731 Thanks
  • 4,288 posts

Posted April 13, 2016 - 09:58 AM

This is one of them, if Doug t says it then that is the way it should be.I'll have to find another reason to dig through my engine pile now

I don't know that I'd agree with that statement. I've been known to be wrong before, especially the older I get and the more feeble my mind becomes.

The two jam nuts in pic belong together on the top flange(I think), one on top one underneath,I'll get Doug approved sooner or later

I'm glad I didn't deprive you of an excuse to dig through your engines. I've seen the nuts placed both ways. I don't suppose it really makes a difference as long as you keep the cable from moving either direction.

• Lauber1 said thank you

#22 hbryant123 OFFLINE  

hbryant123
  • Member No: 82246
  • 6 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted April 13, 2016 - 05:23 PM

Thanks everyone! I know exactly how to fix my throttle!! This forum has be great and full of helpful members!!
  • DougT and KennyP have said thanks

#23 hbryant123 OFFLINE  

hbryant123
  • 6 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted April 13, 2016 - 09:27 PM

Good news everyone, I now have a functioning throttle! I also installed a muffler, she starts on the second pull now and is quiet.

I am now onto the brake issue, I got the tore up belt off, is this a special belt??
  • Alc said thank you

#24 jimmy G OFFLINE  

jimmy G
  • 312 Thanks
  • 242 posts

Posted April 15, 2016 - 08:54 AM

On your carb question, I start by giving both jets two full turns out from bottom, set the high speed first(float bowl jet on bottom) with engine at full throttle (black smoke is to rich) then adjust low speed as you bring the rpms down, then repeat, should end up somewear between 1-11/2 turns out on both on average, but can be more or less on both,no two engines are exactly the same on this

#25 hbryant123 OFFLINE  

hbryant123
  • 6 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted April 16, 2016 - 10:35 PM

On your carb question, I start by giving both jets two full turns out from bottom, set the high speed first(float bowl jet on bottom) with engine at full throttle (black smoke is to rich) then adjust low speed as you bring the rpms down, then repeat, should end up somewear between 1-11/2 turns out on both on average, but can be more or less on both,no two engines are exactly the same on this

I will give it a try! I finally have some free time tomorrow! After i repalce the brake belt im going to start messing with the mower!

#26 hbryant123 OFFLINE  

hbryant123
  • 6 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted April 17, 2016 - 11:35 PM

Little update, i did not mess with my carb any but i did hook up the mower, it is 28 inches long and the deck is clean and made from aluminum! very well made in my opinion! I had it running and she mowed well!

I have a couple questions to ask, I read the transmission requires #2 cup Grease, were can i get this or the equivalent?

I am also interested in my options as far as restoring the tractor, were can i get parts? should i just buy parts tractors?