#1 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted March 20, 2010 - 08:27 PM

I'll post some pictures of this project but I am not real happy with the way it looks. I might do a major redo and make over but here is what I did. I took one Massey 10 frame and cut out enough to set the engine back almost to the rear end. I took a second tranny and built a frame to hold it. The pivot joint under the seat has 2 three point hitch balls for the pivot side to side and I used a 1963 Plymouth Valiant front hub and spindle assembly to let the rear wheels pivot up and down. i mounted a belt driven hydraulic pump ahead of the engine, an oil tank above the engine and hooked up a single hydraulic contol valve to the steering wheel. There are 2 hydraulic cylinders that steer it. Only the front axle is powered, the back one is just along for the ride.
I now have 2 147 Cub Cadet hydros and one 149 Cub Cadet hydro for parts so this project may be taken apart and redone using the hydro trannies and make it a true 4 wheel drive.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 21, 2010 - 07:40 PM

That's pretty wild Mike, it amazes me what some of you guys do and can do. I think the true 4x4 with the cub trannies would be a cool idea also.

If you happen to have any spare parts from the 147's let me know.

#3 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 21, 2010 - 09:45 PM

Very nice. Boy, if you do it over with the Cub trannies, and then ad some duals all the way around, it will be a real monster tractor!

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 22, 2010 - 04:28 AM

I think that one looks good,of coarse like with everything,there is probably room for improvement if your not happy with it.