15 replies to this topic

#1 marti110 OFFLINE  

marti110
  • Member No: 82201
  • 10 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 10:26 AM

Hello all,
My friend's father passed away recently and he has inherited the family business, a farm supply, lawn and garden supply and hardware store that has been in operations since 1946. There is a huge warehouse and nothing was ever thrown away. I am helping him to try and sort it out. How does that relate to this forum? Well apparently unkown to the son who is in his early 40s, the store was an Elec-trak dealer. Way back in the corner of the warehouse we have found the E10m pictured below. We believe it to be new and unused. It doesn't appear to ever have had batteries installed. It is dusty and dirty from storage but that wipes right off and appears new underneath. Any idea of value? Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails

• image2(1).JPG
  • image1(1).JPG

• DH1, Mr Electrak, sacsr and 7 others have said thanks

#2 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 10:52 AM

Welcome to GTTalk.  To me the value is what someone is willing to pay for an item.  I don't know much about the Elec-trak so I will let other more knowledgeable help you out.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 Traill95 OFFLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,566 Thanks
  • 915 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 12:34 PM

Lack of Batteries is going to lower the value but overall. If it is new, never used I would think it would be a neat collector piece. As for value I would check the Elek-Trak website on Facebook. If it was nearer I would be interested in it. My personal opinion is around  $1000,00 if new.

• DH1 and Mr Electrak have said thanks

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,748 Thanks
  • 7,519 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 12:50 PM

Welcome to GTT. Your friend has a rare opportunity there. He may want to consider keeping it and using it in the showroom. Electric and hybrid cars are getting popular now. He could clean it up and display it. A placard could say how his dad had been forward looking 40 years ago. You need to find the repair parts inventory that dealers were required to stock. Those parts could bring some good prices. Good Luck, Rick
  • DH1 and Traill95 have said thanks

#5 Billy M OFFLINE  

Billy M
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 15999
  • 349 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 01:30 PM

I would agree with Traill95. Around $1K would be my guess as well.
  • DH1, Mr Electrak and Traill95 have said thanks

#6 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,867 Thanks
  • 2,788 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 07:40 PM

I'm with wild Bill, I also believe it's worth what you are willing to pay for something you ( WANT ) Its a subject that comes up often here there's only one real answer... Welcome aboard
  • DH1 said thank you

#7 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted April 10, 2016 - 04:30 AM

:welcometogttalk:  :smiley-score010:

#8 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,686 Thanks
  • 8,884 posts

Posted April 10, 2016 - 05:49 AM

That is a great find! Please keep us updated on what he plans to do with it, and anything else cool you dig up.

#9 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,447 Thanks
  • 3,356 posts

Posted April 10, 2016 - 10:22 AM

There is a used one here, different model, E16 with snow plow, but he's asking $1000 and he's keeping the batteries, not all that clean either, rusted deck, etc.... He says it hasn't run in 30 years and will need attention. I think he's dreaming.

http://delaware.crai...5511648433.html

#10 Mr Electrak OFFLINE  

Mr Electrak

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1249
  • 121 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 09:00 AM

I agree with Traill95 and BillyM - $ 1000.00 is probably what itwould bring....unless someone REALLY wants it, and is willing to spend crazy $$$.

I also think that if this sat forgotten in a corner of the warehouse for 40 years, how many other parts and other Elec-Trak items are hiding on the shelves ??

Might have uncovered a gold mine here....
  • DH1, sacsr, Traill95 and 1 other said thanks

#11 Billy M OFFLINE  

Billy M
  • Contributor
  • 349 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 09:43 AM

I have a NOS ER8-36.  Fresh off a crate.  Never had batteries in it.  I could never put batteries in it as it's too neat of a collector piece.  It's neat to see one of these brand new.  :D

Mr. Electrak...I talked to the Elec-Trak dealership my father worked at years ago (he was their tech).  They scrapped all of their Elec-Trak parts about 5 years prior to me calling them.  I must admit.  I cried a little.  :(

• DH1, Mr Electrak and sacsr have said thanks

#12 Mr Electrak OFFLINE  

Mr Electrak

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1249
  • 121 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 09:32 AM

[quote name="Billy M" I must admit.  I cried a little.  :([/quote]

I would have cried too ! A lot !!!

I hoping the statement " nothing was ever thrown away " applies to the the parts stock too ......
  • Titus and Billy M have said thanks

#13 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,245 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 01:19 PM

There is a used one here, different model, E16 with snow plow, but he's asking $1000 and he's keeping the batteries, not all that clean either, rusted deck, etc.... He says it hasn't run in 30 years and will need attention. I think he's dreaming.

http://delaware.crai...5511648433.html

When one sells something and states it's "garage kept", one would expect it to look halfway decent, not looking like it was stored in a garage with no roof on it..

I am selling a garage-kept GE E16 Elec-Trak 36 volt large riding tractor. Mower deck is rusted badly on one side. Tractor will com without the batteries in the pictures. Includes the plow attachment. This tractor hasn't been used in over 30 years and will need work to get back into shape. Best offer.

Model #: 26AE16AA

Serial #: KS02 298

• Mr Electrak said thank you

#14 Billy M OFFLINE  

Billy M
  • Contributor
  • 349 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 03:16 PM

When one sells something and states it's "garage kept", one would expect it to look halfway decent, not looking like it was stored in a garage with no roof on it..

"Garage kept" means nothing in the Elec-Trak world.  Once the batteries freeze/bust, the electrolyte leaks into the battery boxes and the rusting begins.  Storing them without batteries is the most important thing.  I guess that issue probably isn't as bad in the southern states.??  I've seen some pretty nasty battery boxes & frames around here in Ohio.

Edited by Billy M, April 12, 2016 - 03:17 PM.

• Mr Electrak said thank you

#15 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,245 posts

Posted April 13, 2016 - 07:11 AM

"Garage kept" means nothing in the Elec-Trak world.  Once the batteries freeze/bust, the electrolyte leaks into the battery boxes and the rusting begins.  Storing them without batteries is the most important thing.  I guess that issue probably isn't as bad in the southern states.??  I've seen some pretty nasty battery boxes & frames around here in Ohio.

My trade is Golf Cars. I know that all too well about batteries freezing, overfilling, boiling over. My jeans have many patches on them.