• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted April 10, 2016 - 12:16 PM

I bought 2 new O.E.M. plastic POS Kohler pumps a while back, one is on my freshly rebuilt M12. One thing about these new pumps; the flow direction arrow goes OPPOSITE the original so the fuel lines have to cross the pump rather than just going straight up into the carb... I guess there are 2 different versions of this pump currently available, one follows the original flow, the other is like the ones that I got... didn't realize this when I got them.  seems (it has been a little while since I got these) like I remember 2 different PN's but no description of the difference, both showed as working on the same engines... found the difference the hard way.  I HATE the "universal-ness" of them with the snap in plastic inlet and outlet fittings.

I do not have any old original Kohler pumps around at the moment, wish I did, now that I know they are available I'd order the kits and rebuild them

I did find someone on Feebay that has a pile of NOS ACDelco fuel pumps for the KTs and Magnums... around $45 a pop. These are new in box but 30+ years old and metal bodied instead of plastic. I got one for my KT19 on my Ariens, made a big difference in how it runs. The original pump which I pulled off was even plastic/ this tractor and its engine are from about 1985.

(no I am not saying the metal body has anything to do with functionality, just surprised that I was able to find something like that)

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#17 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 10, 2016 - 08:53 PM

Well, oil looked like just dirty oil... Im now waffling on the electric fuel pump, yay or nay guys?

Found an issue with the points... Appears someone made one set out of two half sets, so those will be replaced. Going to pull carb and breather and see what is in those.

Breather will get a nice oil diverter cover regardless... So best to start making one of them.

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, April 10, 2016 - 08:53 PM.

• Alc and shorty have said thanks