Garden Tractor Forums banner

New member. Purpose of the "thanks" feature? Unfamiliar on forums to me

1K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  WNYTractorTinkerer 
#1 ·
First, thanks to so many pleasant folks here who've helped me with answers. I'm a member of several forums of interest (leather crafting, shooting sports and such), but am unfamiliar with the "thanks" feature on a thread. I have a lifelong habit of thanking folks throughout my life interactions, and sure wouldn't wish to be thought of as rude for not using the accepted way of offering my gratitude to others for posts and help. Could someone plese clue me in? Thanks again. Don.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Casey is right for once! :bigrofl:

If a members post is helpful, give them a thanks! Just our way of a 'Like' button on Facebook if you go there!

#5 ·
If you find a post helpful or you particularly enjoyed the post then you can Thank them. Quite often I will thank someone who has quoted one of my posts and has added or commented on it. When I go to other forums and there is no "Thanks" button it is kind of frustrating to me.

#17 ·
I had to thank everyone in this thread, as this original feature on GTT really helps let the poster know that what was said may have been some help, information, support or concern. Often I just thank when I have no words to comment on what was posted just to let someone know that it was read, understood or even felt!

Thanks for the thanks!

DAC

#19 ·
Oldedeeres, is there civilization up where you are? Lol. Jk.
In a manner of speaking.... if you were to go North of me the next town in a straight line would probably be somewhere the other side of the North Pole, back on the way South again. Going South the next town is less than 20 miles away, but I'd have to get out of my rut and go there. Do that once a week whether I want to or not, :rolling: :rolling: .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.