• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 05, 2011 - 10:22 AM

Has anyone got a flywheel screen for an electric start 8. This HM80 has the flywheel with the black plastic fan. I could also use the fan, but I could repair the one I have. The tractor had a new short block at some point. Whoever did it cut all the corners when installing the engine. Bolts were loose, missing washers and wire clamps, motor mounts assembled wrong etc. It looks like the flywheel screen was left off the tractor and something got in the fan and made a mess of it. I don't want to run the engine without the screen.

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 05, 2011 - 01:16 PM

I will have to look at the screen on my MF8 to see what it is made of. Is it something that could easily be remade by using stock type screen cut to fit?
  • JDBrian said thank you

#3 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted May 05, 2011 - 02:07 PM

If the design is the same as the 10/12 series, the right sized speaker sub-woofer grille/screen may fit. My MF-8 has a replacement motor with a pull start, so I am not sure what the proper one looks like.

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 05, 2011 - 03:20 PM

I will have to look at the screen on my MF8 to see what it is made of. Is it something that could easily be remade by using stock type screen cut to fit?

Thanks. I have only seen poor quality pictures of it and don't have a good idea of how thick the metal is or what the mesh looks like. I could make something to cover the hole in the blower but I wanted to get the stock one if possible. It attaches to the flywheel and has a cup in the centre with the screen attached to the top of the cup. The blower housing does not have holes for mounting a screen to it. I may have to improvise something but I don't want to drill holes in the blower housing if I can find a stock screen.