• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mrmr56 OFFLINE  

mrmr56
  • Member No: 62092
  • 202 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 07:41 PM

Fedex has their local terminal just off of I-35 on a side street. When the drivers come out onto the service road, they are supposed to stop. Most of them slow down and if nobody is within hitting them distance, they zip on out. This morning, 2 of them pulled that stunt. What they didn't realize is that a Texas DPS trooper was right behind me. He flipped on the lights and buzzed around me and pulled both of them over. You could see he was very po'd. I guess he is like me and tired of ups and fedex acting like the laws are made for every body else. They will block the road, zip out in front of you and act like it is normal. I believe upper management is responsible for this behavior as they have to make their daily rounds with a double barrel clock pointed at them. At any rate, it made me glad a trooper was on my tail this am. And I apologize if I stepped on anybody's toes as I realize you have a job to do. I just wish it didn't have to be "making the shareholders happy".

• grnspot110, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 11 others have said thanks

#2 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,805 Thanks
  • 2,216 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 07:49 PM

some of those guys are really dangerous!!!  The guy that used to deliver to atlantis equipment was super nice but every time he left he would pull rite out ontoa busy road without ever stopping, half the time I don't think he even looked.

Pete

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 09:17 PM

UPS guys are good drivers in this area.  Fed-X is another story.  They like to run the "back" county roads and they think there is no speed limit on them.  Stop sign mean Sail Through On Purpose.  No offense meant but they bring the Big City driving habits with them.

• grnspot110, oldedeeres and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#4 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,863 Thanks
  • 2,786 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 06:20 AM

The only complaint I have is the rut in the road in front of my house. But that issue lie's with someone else I know ( the shoe queen )

#5 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,032 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 07:47 AM

They all drive like their pay check depends on it. and I don't mean with caution!

#6 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,601 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 09:09 AM

Don't forget their GPS/log stuff tracks every move and they are judged on maximizing profits by minimizing time.  Faster is better and that is more money.  I agree that is dangerous but know that someone has the finger on them.  

#7 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 09:16 AM

They all drive like their pay check depends on it. and I don't mean with caution!

It does! They are paid well but they work their butts off.  I almost felt sorry for those guys having to run on ice with an armload of packages in the winter. They could drive safer, no doubt. But 4 wheelers should remember that they can not stop those trucks on a dime either. in 28 yrs of commuting to the city , I have seen every day 4 wheelers put their life in jeprody cutting in front of trucks.

Edited by JD DANNELS, April 08, 2016 - 09:17 AM.

• shorty said thank you

#8 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,065 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 09:22 AM

I had a darn school bus pull out right in front of me this morning.  It was a 4 lane road, with perpendicular side roads that you can enter and exit from.  I was going 65mph, speed limit.  He pulled right out in front of me.  Locked up the brakes skidded to a stop as his back bumper passed my front end.  Scared the crap out of me.  Bus full of kids.  I got the bus number and called the school district.  I was MAD.  Not only my life but all the kids on that bus.

#9 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 10:15 AM

I had a darn school bus pull out right in front of me this morning.  It was a 4 lane road, with perpendicular side roads that you can enter and exit from.  I was going 65mph, speed limit.  He pulled right out in front of me.  Locked up the brakes skidded to a stop as his back bumper passed my front end.  Scared the crap out of me.  Bus full of kids.  I got the bus number and called the school district.  I was MAD.  Not only my life but all the kids on that bus.

Possibly the driver did not see you.

#10 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,065 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 10:27 AM

Possibly the driver did not see you.

I agree but a bright white truck should be hard to miss. He has 30 plus kids on that bus and should be watching better

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#11 pick-to-stone ONLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• Member No: 76550
  • 253 Thanks
  • 371 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 11:24 AM

Fanily they get what they desever that dam fedex compen jest need to be shut down their

Edited by pick-to-stone, April 08, 2016 - 11:27 AM.

#12 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,508 Thanks
  • 3,905 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 12:04 PM

From what I have seen locally, FedEx is a respectable shipping company. As with any sizable company, a few employees can tarnish the image in an instant.
  • grnspot110 said thank you

#13 pick-to-stone ONLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• Member No: 76550
  • 253 Thanks
  • 371 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 02:45 PM

No the one in waco it jest need to stut down or new employes need to be found

#14 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 03:42 PM

The UPS driver that does the rural route where I work is an absolute IDIOT!  He is in hot pursuit everywhere he goes if you hold him up for even a few seconds he gets really rude.  A couple years ago we were cleaning ditches and he came along.  Well we pull the trash out of the ditches with a grader and then come along after it with a belt loader and trucks and then finally sweep the fines off the road with a tractor mounted broom.  Well he come barreling down the road with his truck and whipped around the tractor and flew past the trucks and the belt loader.  Let me tell you when he got past the loader and came on that windrow of sod and shale on the road that truck must have bounced a foot into the air at times cause he never left off the accelerator.  Whenever he is around we stay on our toes because you never know what he is going to do next.