Garden Tractor Forums banner

Cub Cadet 1250 colors

3K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  dodge trucker 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Is the 1250 the same yellow and white as a Cub 123? I used School Bus Yellow and a like a propane tank white from Majic paint that I bought from Big R store on my Cub 123 restoration. The Cub 1250 paint looks a little different?

#6 ·
so you're getting right into that machine? I am trying to get my garage (finally) straightened out and organized for once, so I can actually work out there and not lose that wrench I just had 2 minutes ago, within the abyss.... I am still catching He11 for the Snap on toolbox that I bought at auction a few weeks ago, so no tractor money right now.... trying to get the contents of my 2 smaller toolboxes transferred into my new box so that I can get rid of those smaller ones.... one is spoken for/ for sure, I have that one sold, I think that my son has the other one sold, once I get it empty and he can send the guy pix of it.

I did go to an auction in Paxton last weekend, only bought one thing/ a pair of big heavy tire dismount bars... there was a Pincor 7000 watt generator that I wanted... bad. Had a 16HP horiz. opposed Briggs engine, looked like it was hardly if ever, used. But I left before its time to be auctioned, to avoid getting in more trouble. I found out yesterday that it sold for a very, more than reasonable, price....

once the garage is workable again, I can wire up the starter circuit on my Swisher Trailmower and get that listed on CL, next after that would be to bring home my Woods ZTR and figure out the issue with the left side hydro. and then (not sure which) either the Cub 129, or else the New Holland that I got from you, after that.

sorry for the thread jack, just thought I'd let ya know what is goin on around here lately, seeing that you put this post up....

#10 ·
so you're getting right into that machine? I am trying to get my garage (finally) straightened out and organized for once, so I can actually work out there and not lose that wrench I just had 2 minutes ago, within the abyss.... I am still catching He11 for the Snap on toolbox that I bought at auction a few weeks ago, so no tractor money right now.... trying to get the contents of my 2 smaller toolboxes transferred into my new box so that I can get rid of those smaller ones.... one is spoken for/ for sure, I have that one sold, I think that my son has the other one sold, once I get it empty and he can send the guy pix of it.
I did go to an auction in Paxton last weekend, only bought one thing/ a pair of big heavy tire dismount bars... there was a Pincor 7000 watt generator that I wanted... bad. Had a 16HP horiz. opposed Briggs engine, looked like it was hardly if ever, used. But I left before its time to be auctioned, to avoid getting in more trouble. I found out yesterday that it sold for a very, more than reasonable, price....
once the garage is workable again, I can wire up the starter circuit on my Swisher Trailmower and get that listed on CL, next after that would be to bring home my Woods ZTR and figure out the issue with the left side hydro. and then (not sure which) either the Cub 129, or else the New Holland that I got from you, after that.
sorry for the thread jack, just thought I'd let ya know what is goin on around here lately, seeing that you put this post up....
Dodge I'm tearing the 1250 down for the rebuild now. Have the engine out now and gonna take a peek at the piston and rings. I'd love to see that New Holland restored. Don't let mama beat you up to bad over the tool box lol. Thanks again for the trade.

#12 ·
Looks great BNK! Did u tear it all the way down and take the engine out to restore it? Decals look fine to me.
Yes we did (me & my Pop) removed the engine but left the rearend/hydro unit. Removed the dash tower so it was down to frame and rearend because no issues. Engine is fresh build (K-301) .010 over, new carb and head,coil, fabed a new sheet metal muffler box with 1/8" aluminum plate TIG weld and bolt on. Rebuild the Ross steering gear/column, new tie rod ends & wheel bearings, new rubber, heck I could go on and on with the list. I have paper photos of the resto but lost all of the digital pix from a crash on our last desk top. I even took the mowing deck(44U) and had the bottom sprayed with non texture from Line X (had a friend worked there).

About the decal kit; It came from Maple Hunter Texas maybe 13 yrs ago, it is not the right shade of blue, too dark; it should be a lighter blue. His defense was OEM decal fading issue which they will if left out in the elements. Many of us IHCC collectors tried to convince him the color is not correct...finally he understood when I sent him a pic of OEM next to his. So now he will do a shade called "Cyan blue" and it is damn near correct but you MUST ask for it if you want it or you will get his stock of the darker color like I have on mine.

You were asking about the right code/color for the paint and I'm thinking if you want the right color for your decals remember this post! The 800 IHCC you see has his Cyan Blue kit. Good luck with your project and enjoy!

Attachments

#13 ·
12 year old resto...40 hrs or so on it now. Case IH Iron Guard 935 white, 483 federal yellow. I wish the decal kit was a correct color blue, too dark.
glad you had good results with the IH federal yellow, did my son's Original with it and still having problems with it peeling. Primer stays but that case IH paInt peels off in sheets I will not be using it again. The VALSPAR IH white painted parts are holding up well. I have seen CC's pInted both with the off white and also with what I call Refrigerator white, a bright white color.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
glad you had good results with the IH federal yellow, did my son's Original with it and still having problems with it peeling. Primer stays but that case IH paInt peels off in sheets I will not be using it again. The VALSPAR IH white painted parts are holding up well. I have seen CC's pInted both with the off white and also with what I call Refrigerator white, a bright white color.
the case/ih paint is valspar, I use it all the time and have never seen it peel so I'd bet you had a contamination issue causing the paint to peel.

#17 ·
VALSPAR equipment enamel primer. I thought I had heard that Dealer-sourced IH paInt was a Valspar product so I thought that would be the best base. For some reason I can only find true CC yellow at the speakership. I have a few CC's around here now, I have plans to just get one mechanically sound for the work horse and redo the other with #3 being a donor to the other 2 because it came to me so incomplete. Being as how I have never seen tractor show judges come around with paint samples in hand to tell if your paint match is perfect, especially considering that I am planning to strip the paint to bare metal and paint it from the ground up, as long as my particular unit matches itself 100%, I do not care if I wind up with a machine that's 1/2 a shade off of what was used on it 40 years ago. I see them at shows all the time that are"off" a bit from what is right next to whatever one that I am looking at, at that instant.
I am more concerned about durability and being able to match the color in the future should that happen to be needed.
I was thinking of using either Safety Yellow or else School Bus Yellow. But due to my particular experience with "Iron Gard" I won't be using it when I redo mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.