#46 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,943 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 07:35 AM

No they did not do prints. The officer on scene did not do them cause my son had already grabbed stuff lying out. Then when we talked to the detective the next day, he said the officer should have done some or told us to carefully box up stuff we knew had been touched and brought it to him. By the time we talked to detective, we had cleaned up most of the house and picked everything up. My wife is dropping a couple times off at station today of things we may not have touched.

My wife realized on Saturday her promise ring I gave her when we were dating and her high school class ring were gone also. Those kinds of things are what is upsetting.

The more we mull it over and put things together, I guarantee this was a hit by my nephew as a vendetta and revenge against my wife an I, just too many thing done toward us and no one else in the house. Had it been a crack head or just a burglar, they would have destroyed every room, not just our bedroom. There were also little thing either destroyed or throw out in the open as a "f you"  type. The police search the pawn shop lists for names, but other than that, not sure we will ever find anything or catch him. He does think he can do whatever he wants and is untouchable ( thanks Army ranger training), but hopefully that will make him screw up and get caught.

We are also looking into a new back door, probably a special order. Our door is a 34" with a 37" total opening. I want a 36, but need a 38 1/2" rough opening, no ones carries 34" in stock :wallbanging: Our door is only 79" tall too so I will have to work on that when I replace it.

Everyone keeps telling me we should have grabbed the guns and shot him..... but we weren't home :hitting_self_roller:

• Texas Deere and Horse, WNYTractorTinkerer, oldedeeres and 2 others have said thanks

#47 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,629 Thanks
  • 7,671 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 09:56 AM

Everyone keeps telling me we should have grabbed the guns and shot him..... but we weren't home :hitting_self_roller:

Yeah. Everyone talks big when they aren't the ones who need to be responsible. Jack A**s will just try to stir you up. Pay them no mind.

• oldedeeres and TAHOE have said thanks

#48 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,478 Thanks
  • 3,371 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 10:14 AM

My spec ops training in 1970 didn't include the break in your family's home and destroy sh!t course! In fact, in my day the people that went through Ranger training were the cream and not the dregs. It pains me to think that a Ranger would do that. Man I hope they nail his sorry butt!

• oldedeeres, TAHOE and Sawdust have said thanks

#49 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 11:09 AM

Can I interest you in some surplus land mines and some rusty bear traps?

• limebuzz, WNYTractorTinkerer, TAHOE and 1 other said thanks

#50 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,943 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 11:53 AM

My spec ops training in 1970 didn't include the break in your family's home and destroy sh!t course! In fact, in my day the people that went through Ranger training were the cream and not the dregs. It pains me to think that a Ranger would do that. Man I hope they nail his sorry butt!

Unfortunately as he grew up, my sister put in his head that the family didn't love him and such. He let 2 separate family members borrow money ( a few thousand each)who supposedly didn't pay him back so now he had vengeance against us all. I let him live in my house  for 5 month no rent and he used my car for 3 months solid. After he pretty much forced me to kick him out, then I went on his crap list too along with a note saying he "disowned" us as his family.

He is only 5'4" so he also had a major case of "little man syndrome". Add to that special ops training and now he thinks he can do what he wants and to whom he wants and get away with it. I also think he has some PTSD from being in Irag and Afghanistan.

It's sad he let all the bull that his mom fed him over the years and his own screwed up thinking along with anger lead him down this path.

Anyone could do it, even a Ranger when you let anger and distorted thinking rule your actions. Some of my family are even thinking he maybe on some type of drugs. Other than maybe steroids, I don't know.

• limebuzz, MFDAC, WNYTractorTinkerer and 2 others have said thanks

#51 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted April 15, 2016 - 08:05 PM

The joke thread reminded me of a fitting story. Not that I am making light of this situation. 

A friend related to me what a business partner of his did years ago. They owned a body shop and every Friday night cars in the parking lot were broken into and anything of value was taken. His insurance was not happy. So he arranged a surprise for the vandal. 

With an little ingenuity he rigged the passengers seat of a car with three airbags. He also put one in the headliner and wired in the dash airbag. Then he placed a $20 bill on the drivers seat and left the passengers side door slightly ajar. The bill was holding apart two contacts that were affixed to a clothes pin. 

Sure enough Saturday morning they came in and the first thing they saw was the windshield of the bait car was shattered and the door was standing open. On the passengers seat there was a good bit of blood and hair.

The offender had taken the bait. When he leaned in the car and pulled the money out the circuit was completed and 5 airbags went off at once. This dealt a good bit of injury, and justice, to the thief. 

No cars were ever broken into again. 

• limebuzz, MH81, Cvans and 3 others have said thanks

#52 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,943 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 11:06 AM

You say that,... I actually had an officer tell me a couple bear traps set up in the right place may take care of it. :oh_shucks:

I did put an extension cord on a light pole at my old house. Frayed the ends just enough, saw the neighbors dog coming down the street and flipped light on. Lets just say he never peed on the light pole ever again. I could do that to the doors maybe :bigrofl:

We finally got a call from the insurance, almost 2 weeks later. They want to review our list of stole stuff. We also talked to an officer about some "bad" kids in our old neighborhood just around the corner, he think one or 2 of them were the ones who broke in to the house and probably stole out of the old house too.

I also got some round bar and flat plate, made a grating for the garage door window. There is a keyed deadbolt on both sides so at least now they cannot bust window, climb in, and push button to open big door.

Edited by TAHOE, April 18, 2016 - 11:11 AM.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#53 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,629 Thanks
  • 7,671 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 11:34 AM

I did put an extension cord on a light pole at my old house. Frayed the ends just enough, saw the neighbors dog coming down the street and flipped light on. Lets just say he never peed on the light pole ever again. I could do that to the doors maybe :bigrofl:

You. . .  you think he might pee on the door?      Oh, that's really rude.

• MH81 said thank you

#54 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,856 Thanks
  • 3,193 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 02:02 PM

The joke thread reminded me of a fitting story. Not that I am making light of this situation. 

A friend related to me what a business partner of his did years ago. They owned a body shop and every Friday night cars in the parking lot were broken into and anything of value was taken. His insurance was not happy. So he arranged a surprise for the vandal. 

With an little ingenuity he rigged the passengers seat of a car with three airbags. He also put one in the headliner and wired in the dash airbag. Then he placed a $20 bill on the drivers seat and left the passengers side door slightly ajar. The bill was holding apart two contacts that were affixed to a clothes pin. 

Sure enough Saturday morning they came in and the first thing they saw was the windshield of the bait car was shattered and the door was standing open. On the passengers seat there was a good bit of blood and hair.

The offender had taken the bait. When he leaned in the car and pulled the money out the circuit was completed and 5 airbags went off at once. This dealt a good bit of injury, and justice, to the thief. 

No cars were ever broken into again. 

However justified that may be, up here it's called "entrapment" and you would be prosecuted and found guilty.... in more trouble than the thief. I'll probably get a warning for this, but IMHO, THE LAW AND JUSTICE SOMETIMES ARE NOT ON THE SAME PAGE.

• limebuzz and MH81 have said thanks

#55 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,943 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 02:16 PM

However justified that may be, up here it's called "entrapment" and you would be prosecuted and found guilty.... in more trouble than the thief. I'll probably get a warning for this, but IMHO, THE LAW AND JUSTICE SOMETIMES ARE NOT ON THE SAME PAGE.

Yea, that's why I was shocked when the officer told me to put out some bear traps  :rolling:  :rolling:

• oldedeeres said thank you

#56 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 02:35 PM

Back before we had the castle law I caught three guys trying to steal out of our truck. The alarm went off (motion detector) so while they were running up the hill together I had my 12 gauge pump bead right on them which seemed like forever. I reluctantly moved it to one side & unloaded three shots. The officer said I would have went to prison. He said next time shoot them & drag them in the house & throw them over the footboard of our bed....good ole days.
  • limebuzz, oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#57 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 07:50 PM

To my understanding all the evidence went to the crusher that morning. Hard to prove you were entrapped in a vehicle that is in a bijillion pieces already. 

• limebuzz, MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and 1 other said thanks

#58 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,943 posts

Posted April 19, 2016 - 06:59 AM

I guess I am still gun shy, woke up at 5:30 this morning hearing a small car with loud exhaust and what I thought was my car alarm going off. I parked it on the side drive last night, guess I woke up thinking it got broke into.

Insurance finally called my wife, so far sounds like we might get about $7000 back for some of our losses. They max the jewelry out at $5K which we had about $7 and they are still researching prices for some other things. Still wished we could get the stuff back, at least the non replaceable heirloom stuff.

• limebuzz, wvbuzzmaster, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks