That or skik the hounds on them
  • TAHOE said thank you

#17 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • Member No: 78021
  • 300 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 12:15 PM

So sorry to hear this, I know exactly how you feel and thinking trail cams for the whole property my self because it's getting worse. I have lost so many friends (the biggest lose of all in my world) because they got hooked on pain killer's and started stealing. Good people going bad and then O.D.I pray for them because they are lost (I'd still put em in jail,their just good at sneaky) and I pray for forgiveness so the dark they have left will not infect me for long or change who I am,I don't want to put trail Cam's up but the world has changed, I hate to say this but once it starts (stealing) it won't stop unless you protect your self
  • Texas Deere and Horse, boyscout862, WNYTractorTinkerer and 2 others have said thanks

#18 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,485 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 12:58 PM

No one should have to go through this kind of experience.  It happens every day and will continue to happen unfortunately.  IF you decide to go with a security system, get one that will call your local law enforcement directly or has the alarm box right at the dispatch.  Not one that calls a company half way across the country and then calls your home back to make sure it wasn't a mistake, THEN calls the local law enforcement.  Sorry to say it proves the old saying "Locks were not made to keep people out, only to discourage them".  If they want in bad enough they will get in.

When you start to replace your items, be sure to burn the boxes and don't let them sit around for others to see.  The culprit may be watching for that box to know you just got that new TV.

Edited by chieffan, April 07, 2016 - 01:00 PM.

• Gtractor, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#19 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,065 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 01:00 PM

You just had some items stolen from your other house right?  Maybe a welder?

But anyway, that is terrible, and I sure hope you can catch who did this.

• boyscout862 and TAHOE have said thanks

#20 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,834 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 01:19 PM

Ditto to all the above. As I have said before, the only thing worse than a child molester is a thief. It is not right that we can't legally protect ourselves in a manner we feel appropriate. I don't like what our countries are turning into when people won't respect others rights to their own possessions.

• KennyP, boyscout862, Bmerf and 2 others have said thanks

#21 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 01:32 PM

I won't type what I'm thinking. 

It's a shame anyone has to endure this!                ​ 

I was thinking the same thing... I don't want to get flagged.!!

But anyway,, I'm so sorry for your'e loss and the trauma that it endures..

I think about this all the time at my cabin,,The locals know I'm not there alot. I did contact the local police one time about game cameras ,, and they told me that it may not be enough evidence to convict a perpetrator of a crime.. The police have to catch them in the act .. ( what a bunch of crap that answer was )   The local police dept. is 13 miles away, so even a alarm system connected to the local police seems fruitless..

I asked that if the picture of the scum bag is in my cabin, with things missing and a broken door,,, and they stopped me right there and said... NO one actually seen then take anything.. and you might be able to take them to court for trespassing...

Things like this make my blood boil  and the perp. should be shot ..  But like someone said,, now you look like the bad guy..

Years ago,, I had my garage broke into,, I told the police I was going to hook up the door knob up to 120 volt.. The cop grabbed his ears,,as if to say  la-la-la-la... I didn't hear what you just said.. You can go to jail for that.... :wallbanging:

Again sorry for your'e loss and triple check the camera thing and security thing...

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP, boyscout862 and 4 others have said thanks

#22 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,570 Thanks
  • 3,895 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 01:53 PM

Sorry for your troubles.   This kind of thing is simply awful.

Some kind of reclamation device on the output side of a wood chipper would allow any sizeable chunks to be "reused" into finer material.   

• boyscout862, oldedeeres and TAHOE have said thanks

#23 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,485 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 02:34 PM

The laws protect the criminal all the way.  got to make sure they get their "rights" even if they are not citizens, they still get our rights.  But the victim is just SOL.  Crooked Attorneys and Crooked Judges make for a crooked society.  What a bunch of crap.

• boyscout862, sodisr, oldedeeres and 3 others have said thanks

#24 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,287 Thanks
  • 2,325 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 03:14 PM

Might be worth looking into hiring a Private Investigator Before all your stuff gets split up.
Looks like the perp knows your house and your belongings very well and is a fairly big.Takes a fairly beefy strong person to split a dead bolt out of the jam like that.
  • MH81, boyscout862, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#25 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 03:30 PM

I feel for you man.  This happened to us years ago.  We were saving up for a good flute for my daughter (future music major) and had several grand put back.  little did I know that it was in the house.  Well I was with the band at a football game and my wife stepped out for all of 20 minutes.  In that time, someone entered our house (someone left the back door unlocked) found the money for the flute (around 3 grand so far) found our strong box, got into it (lock no longer works, not sure how they did it) and took any silver certificates we had stashed.  I had some bills in a big jar of change.  They took the bills but left the change, and walked out.  We wouldn't have even know anyone was in there if my wife hadn't tried to add more money for the flute.  We're pretty sure we know who did it and they are not anyone familiar to us.  Not a family member and certainly no friend.  It's like this person knew right where to go and they had never been in our house.  The insurance company begrudgingly wrote us a check for around $250 to cover the $3300 that was missing and they were all too happy to put us on high risk.  Like I said, we have no idea who did this but I did verify with my next door neighbor that the guy who was renting the place beside us all of the sudden paid his back rent for the last several months, in cash the very next day.  Hmmmm.  I have no use for people like this.  Needless to say, we keep NO cash in the house anymore.

• Cvans, oldedeeres and TAHOE have said thanks

#26 Bolens800uk OFFLINE  

Bolens800uk
  • Member No: 63893
  • 1,162 Thanks
  • 916 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 03:50 PM

Sorry to hear about this. Nothing worse than your own home being thrashed.

I hope you get your belongings back soon.
  • TAHOE said thank you

#27 MGP59DB OFFLINE  

MGP59DB
  • Member No: 66960
  • 987 Thanks
  • 502 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 03:51 PM

Ya - I just cannot stand a thief , I found in this life that if a 'friend' talks about stealing from others , put him away from you and your things because he will steal from you next chance he gets.

It is a shame that family members do this , I had a cousin steal some family heirloom guns from my uncle while I was staying at his place and had my cousin out to fish and camp for a night , his only thought was to steal what he could while I slept. I trusted him.

So when word got out I was going to kill him , he moved to South Carolina . We were friends and had good times together , but after that I have never spoke to him except to say I was sorry for when his mother died . He avoids me like the plague because he knows I better never catch him alone. Oh he comes to town now and then , but I never see him !  That's the way I want it.

• oldedeeres and TAHOE have said thanks

#28 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,344 Thanks
  • 39,622 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 03:52 PM

Been through that twice! Not a good feeling! I even had footprints through the mud to the house next door, but cops did nothing!

• TAHOE said thank you

#29 Bill 76 ONLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,639 Thanks
  • 1,054 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 03:55 PM

Sounds like an inside job to me (as in someone who knows your daily routine) A professional thieve will usually stay away if a dog is present they also like to keep the entry quite so that would rule out smashing a door open--they also like to get in and out fast --grab small valuable things and be gone in one trip not making several trips to haul out TVs etc.

Sorry for your loss but I think some druggie just traded your belongings to support their habit.

Keep checking craigs list you might get lucky.. 

• oldedeeres and TAHOE have said thanks

#30 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,443 Thanks
  • 6,608 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 04:23 PM

I fee for you , our house was robbed almost 10 years ago . Somethings had no value to anyone except us like old video tapes of the kids ,people whom past away ect
  • TAHOE said thank you