In Memorium

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 easternharvest OFFLINE  

• Member No: 80494
  • 154 Thanks
  • 140 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 11:13 AM

Oldeeres, and all of the GTTALK family who have lost loved ones are in our prayers.
  • MH81, oldedeeres, classic and 3 others have said thanks

#17 limebuzz OFFLINE  

• Member No: 795
  • 822 Thanks
  • 860 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 08:36 PM

It's terrible to read this topic, but I agree, there should be a sticky to remember the special people that we have lost.I lost my father(best teacher I could ever ask for)when I was 16 Still miss him to this day.
  • olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 5 others have said thanks

#18 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,649 Thanks
  • 8,525 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 10:01 AM

Oldedeers2, I'll second what Kenny said about being glad you decided to stick around.  I always enjoyed Oldedeers1 posts and many times he would express thought or comment that was the same as I was thinking or feeling.  As with many of us here have formed I felt a kinship with him and when he passed I felt like I had lost a good friend.  Having you becoming a part of our community makes his loss a little more tolerable.  Thanks for sticking around.

• limebuzz, MH81, MFDAC and 5 others have said thanks

#19 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,649 Thanks
  • 8,525 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 10:04 AM

Classic, I couldn't help but smile looking at the picture of you and your Dad.  I have many pics of me pulling around all our grandkids in a cart, as many have, but having you driving and your dad in the cart was just neat to see the reverse roles.  I'm sorry to hear about your loss and I hope in time your pain will ease.  I do thank you for sharing the picture I thought it was really cool! :thumbs:

• limebuzz, MFDAC, shorty and 4 others have said thanks

#20 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,142 Thanks
  • 4,557 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 10:29 AM

I used to get the two of you mixed up from time to time Dave..  

The loss of a parent is an awful thing to bear.  I've lost both parents and 2 step sons along with many aunts & uncles all in the last decade or so.  (Mom was the exception- back in 1998)..  The oldest stepson left us with two grand children ten years ago last Saturday..  I still remember the terrible phone call @ 2 am..

It doesn't seem to have been so long as y'all say..  They are gone nonetheless and will live on through us as they are embedded in our being..  We don't have family reunions anymore but meet @ the funeral home as yet another loved one leaves the fold..  It's all too common and frequent as years go by for sure..  Sorry to hear things like this but it is just lesson that we all learn..  Life is temporary..  

May the Lord give us peace & serenity as we grieve and mourn our losses..  Amen

• MH81, MFDAC, HDWildBill and 5 others have said thanks

#21 classic OFFLINE  

• Member No: 52970
  • 3,395 Thanks
  • 1,578 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 01:11 PM

You're welcome HDWildBill. I'm having the picture blown up and I'm going to frame it. We didn't have four wheelers or dirt bikes back then, so garden tractors were the thing. My Dad and neighbors would hook up wagons and take us kids way back in the woods. We would camp out sometimes, so there are many memories. I remember my Dad letting me drive one time, and he sat on the back of the seat. When I let out the clutch, he fell off. I felt bad, but he laughed and we continued on. That tractor is a Wards Squire 6 and was originally gold.He put rings in the engine once, replaced the short block once, then I put a new engine on it in the 80's. He mowed with it up until 4 years ago since he finally bought a new one. The Squire still runs, and I'll mow with it once in a while for kicks. I have many memories of that little tractor and cutting endless amounts of firewood with my Dad. Here's a pic of my Dad's 55 Chevy with a pretty good load on it. This pic had to be taken in the early 80's. He never did buy a new truck in his life. He never did mind driving the old trucks around that he owned, and they were simple to work on.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160406_140114-1.jpg

• Gtractor, limebuzz, MFDAC and 5 others have said thanks

#22 propane1 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 54307
  • 5,876 Thanks
  • 3,112 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 06:46 PM

Another nice picture. Nice that you have all the memories too.

• limebuzz and classic have said thanks

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 1,867 Thanks
  • 1,059 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 08:00 PM

It doesn't seem possible, but today it is two years since I lost My Olde Deere, and it occurred to me that we do not have a memorial thread to honour our loved ones who have passed. Many of us have lost partners, parents,  relatives, and dear friends since we have become family here. All who have cared and lost should have the opportunity to share and remember them here.   Until we meet again, My Olde Deere.

Thank-you for carrying on here! That keeps him alive for all of us! I read your name is Lorna? That was my Grandmother-in-laws name! She was such a sweetheart and badly missed.

I lost my Dad in 2007. He and Mom divorced in '65 and even though he lived 2500 miles away, he did a great job of keeping me part of his family he moved on to. I chose to stay here with Mom and she pushed me to like mechanical things and after I married she gave us our first lawn tractor, the MTD in my avatar. We went through a time in 1972 when we were homeless due to a flash flood. The only thing we had was our lives and her 1970 GMC that she worked so hard to buy in 1971. She passed away in 2009 and is still on my mind every day. I still have that old GMC that was our only possession at one time!

Pic is Mom with her pride and joy GMC in 1980 when she was getting a new house built.

Attached Thumbnails

• Mom with her Jimmy 1980.jpg

Edited by MFDAC, April 09, 2016 - 08:42 PM.

• Gtractor, limebuzz, MH81 and 6 others have said thanks

#24 pick-to-stone OFFLINE  

Living in the past

• Member No: 76550
  • 248 Thanks
  • 356 posts

Posted April 13, 2016 - 04:13 PM

The biggest blow i every flet is when i lost my great grandfather glenn session a thew mouths ago to us he he was funny and all ways made us lath but saddly i been hopeing its a dream evary day jest now the last pinner is lost in are family and im sorry for your lost

I don't now when this was taken but like he all way was he had a soul of a lion

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

Edited by pick-to-stone, April 13, 2016 - 04:28 PM.

• limebuzz, KennyP, oldedeeres and 2 others have said thanks

#25 pick-to-stone OFFLINE  

Living in the past

• Member No: 76550
  • 248 Thanks
  • 356 posts

Posted April 15, 2016 - 04:14 PM

This would be a nice thread hope we can get one on here
  • oldedeeres said thank you

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 62066
  • 983 Thanks
  • 443 posts

Posted April 17, 2016 - 08:22 AM

I lost my wife "Betty" less than two months ago. I shared her battle with cancer on the GTt Supporter thread...there the supporting members supported me before and after our loss. I will never forget it! I will always do my best to be a GTt Supporter on this wonderful forum. Those of you that are not (yet) a Supporter I ask that you do please for only $20 a year. You will be supporting a great cause for you and this forum. GTtalk has been my emotional rescue (and still is) , the endless GT information is priceless... and sometimes the comedy is second to none ~ 

I am very,very sorry for anyone's loss for I can feel your pain. Grief with Grace my friends.   

• olcowhand, Gtractor, limebuzz and 7 others have said thanks

#27 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

• Member No: 14008
  • 5,536 Thanks
  • 3,073 posts

Posted April 22, 2016 - 12:44 AM

Amen BNK, I am so sorry for your loss.
  • olcowhand, jpackard56 and BNK have said thanks

#28 Mark 149 J. OFFLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 78623
  • 480 Thanks
  • 328 posts

Posted April 22, 2016 - 09:21 AM

I'm sorry for the loss of Betty.  My heart sank as I heard of your wife's passing.

I would also like to say "Thank You" for your words of encouragement and help on my cub project.  People like you and others are what makes GTtalk such a great place!  I have also decided that I will become a support of GTtalk as a way to say "Thanks" for all of the help that I have received.

May God bless all you who have lost a loved one! 

• KennyP, EricR, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#29 toppop52 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 54420
  • 3,218 Thanks
  • 3,211 posts

Posted April 22, 2016 - 10:23 AM

Every time I close my eyes to picture a lost loved one, they're always smiling, must be a great place they've gone to. If Heaven weren't so far away...

• KennyP, oldedeeres, classic and 1 other said thanks