Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Gravely tractor for parts or restoration - $200 (Colchester CT)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Titus OFFLINE  

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,691 Thanks
  • 2,217 posts

Posted April 06, 2016 - 10:01 AM

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,468 Thanks
  • 6,354 posts

Posted April 06, 2016 - 04:47 PM

These things look heavy built. Kinda odd with that big rear fender area, but I bet feel real solid when in use.  I bet hard to work on them with stuff all in back like that?  Sure need a bumper on them, not on these, but brackets there I see.  They also seem to have lots of levers to run it. I'ld like to ride one once to see how they feel and such, not sure I would own one like that, but trying it out might be neat.

#3 Cat385B OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,294 Thanks
  • 8,664 posts

Posted April 06, 2016 - 06:04 PM

'Was in use until parked about 12 years ago'

Where? In the fork of a downed tree overhanging a creek two feet below the high water mark?

#4 devans OFFLINE  

• Member No: 68585
  • 361 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted April 06, 2016 - 07:40 PM

Now THAT is rough. It's well worth the asking price just for a few of the parts that are on it. It would cost way too much to restore it.

Gravelys are easy to work on. The seat pan flips up high enough to get to the motor and transmission. The levers on this model are: left, PTO in/out, middle, high or low range, right side is 1 thru 4 gears. The tall lever on the left is to lift whatever attachment is hooked up and the one on the right is forward or reverse. They have a cast iron, all gear transmission in them are are very heavy duty.

That model weighs in at a little under 900 lbs without any attachments. The brackets behind the motor are for the fixed hitch to pull a cart, roller or whatever.