5 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,167 Thanks
  • 4,511 posts

Posted April 06, 2016 - 09:45 AM

Been fighting this email client since I put it on but it is what I have and got to live with it now.  Have looked at some others but they don't make any sense what so ever.

Question is, how do I reply to an email that I originally sent and asked for conformation they received it.  I have received that conformation from two people but came in on one email.  Cannot reply to the question one asked without going through a new email.  Why can I not reply to a message I originally sent when it was replied too ? ?

No wonder it is free - they forgot half the program.

Thanks for any info on this.

• hopegz3 and maxinems1 have said thanks

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,736 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted April 06, 2016 - 10:47 AM

Mine has the reply option in the toolbar above the messages. I have mine set to open a message in a separate window instead of at the bottom of the inbox messages. The same tool bar is also above my inbox. you can highlight the message and hit reply and it opens the message in reply mode.

If you don't have the tool bar set up, the message tab at the top has a dropdown with reply in it. It also has an option there to edit a sent message as new in case you have to resend a message that you already sent.

• HDWildBill said thank you

#3 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted April 06, 2016 - 11:19 AM

Not positive but I think the confirm email is not connected with the original message like if someone replied to your message.

The think it is a separate message from your mail server. 

let me run a test.

#4 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted April 06, 2016 - 11:33 AM

I sent a message received it and sent the return receipt back to the email I sent the message with.  

This tells me that it is not connected with the original message.

Got this when I hit the "Reply" button on the confirmation message.

On 04/06/2016 11:22 AM, ducky wrote:
This is a Return Receipt for the mail that you sent to "My Email Address"
Note: This Return Receipt only acknowledges that the message was displayed on the recipient's computer. There is no guarantee that the recipient has read or understood the message contents.  

#5 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,167 Thanks
  • 4,511 posts

Posted April 06, 2016 - 12:51 PM

I sent a message to 5 different email addressee that are in a group.  Two answered about 9 min. apart and came in as one email with both messages on it.  I moved it to the folder for that group.  When I went back to check now after reading the above post, they were listed as individual emails.  When they first came in there was no tool bar over the messages like there normally is.  Now that they are  separated, the tool bar is there.  I have no clue to what is going on.  Thanks for the information.  Now to figure out how to add a return receipt to a message.  More fun and games ahead.  I'm getting to old for this stuff.

#6 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted April 06, 2016 - 02:56 PM

I sent a message to 5 different email addressee that are in a group.  Two answered about 9 min. apart and came in as one email with both messages on it.  I moved it to the folder for that group.  When I went back to check now after reading the above post, they were listed as individual emails.  When they first came in there was no tool bar over the messages like there normally is.  Now that they are  separated, the tool bar is there.  I have no clue to what is going on.  Thanks for the information.  Now to figure out how to add a return receipt to a message.  More fun and games ahead.  I'm getting to old for this stuff.

In the new message widow "Options" then "Return Receipt" there is also a "Delivery Status Notification" there also.