• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,545 posts

Posted April 05, 2016 - 09:40 AM

The game is tonight. UCONN is the favorite. They are on a 73 game winning streak. Some people resent the records that UCONN has set and how much it has dominated the sport recently. To them I say "sour grapes". UCONN has drawn alot of fans and interest in Womens Basketball. I don't think that there would be a WNBA if it wasn't for the big rivalries between UCONN and Tennese. When Pat Summit agreed to play UCONN at Storrs and a tough game developed people took notice. The rivalries drew more fans who then wanted more basketball.

Geno runs his team hard. To them games are a break from the demanding practises. I chuckle about the style that he uses. To most people his style is radical. It appears to me that he just studied USMC DIs and uses their methods. He requires high work ethics and academic standards. Practices are open and coaches from others schools are welcome to watch. Two of Genos' best statistics are: 100% graduation and 0% felons. Even the great Diana Taurazi had to come back to finish her Bachelors after her first season with the WNBA.

If you can, watch the game tonight. The Lady Huskies are alot of fun to watch. They make some astonishing plays when they get rolling.

I am biased because I went to UCONN and live near the main campus. I've watched since before they won their first championship because they are fun to watch. I wish them Good Luck, Rick

• TomLGT195 and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,545 posts

Posted April 05, 2016 - 10:59 PM

UCONN won! That is 4 Championships in a row.