Well, this weekend was the first test of Alice! Found several issues to take care of. But, all-in-all, she did a great job plowing and nothing that stopped her from enjoying the workout!
First issue was the angle irons I put on to keep the 3-point somewhat centered without using chains. I didn't make them long enough and the arms could get under them. A trip to Daniels shop and extensions were added.
Next issue was my own fault. When I was building the 3-point mount for the cylinder, I only tacked welded that together thinking I would weld solid when I painted. Forgot to do that and it broke off when I turned around on that first furrow. Took it apart and another trip to Daniels shop for a permanent fix!
Next issue! I crawled on for a few passes Saturday afternoon and felt the seat moving when I used the lift. HMMMMMMM? When i built it, the 3-point is attached to the framework box over the hydro. I only used four 1/4" bolts to hold that to the lower axle mounts. They had worked loose, letting things shift around and the hydro to crawl when you took your foot off the Fwd/Rev pedal. I'll be taking those out for 3/8" Grade 8 bolts and adding another to each side. Have to take the tires off for that.
Last, I have to get the lift valve fixed so it is not leaking. I hope a new kit will fix this as it leaks at the rear of the spool on both of these valves i have. I also need to setup a test port in line and get a gauge to see what pressure it has. The valves have an adjustment and I may have them set too high.
Other than those things, I am very happy with the her! They are only minor things easily fixed. She's a great plow tractor which was my goal! She's pretty fast in HI too!