Garden Tractor Forums banner

Power washer, ran but weird?

521 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MiCarl 
#1 ·
Dragged my cheap Sears power washer out today and decided to see if ran. Just had the hose connected and held on to the PW hose. Started after a few pulls, ran kinda ruff, cleaned up and seemed OK. THEN, started smoking, Then big time, then oil running out of the exhaust, and the air cleaner big time! Was gonna shut off, then said what the heck, not knocking, let's see what happens. I reached the throttle and reved up some, did real good and after awhile stopped smoking. Hmmm! Then let it run, but seemed kiinda like it couldn't rev much. NOne of these times did the governor seem to be kicking in or out. SO, shut it off, checked the dip-stick. Seems the oil was WAY over the tiny full oil markings. It seemed real clear and hard to read on stick. Not sure if stick just getting oil off the tube it is in, or if the thing really is way full?? I had to quit for night, but will check it later, see what it reads then. So all I know is it Runs, not well, but runs. This is what the PO told me when I bought, he didn't like the way it ran! Have to get some covers off the darn thing and see what carb and area looks like, can't see much as it is. Have to drain and re-fill oil too then I guess, just to see what is in there. It's a briggs engine, 175cc and says 7.75 something on cover. Instant start, no choke or primer. Not sure how that works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.