• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,807 Thanks
  • 7,547 posts

Posted April 03, 2016 - 07:55 AM

Two days ago, it was 61*. Now there is three inches of snow on the ground and trees. Its blowing and there are power outages. View from my window next to the computor:

SD530955.JPG SD530956.JPG

More snow is forecast for tonight into the commute time tommorrow. I'm hoping that we don't lose power and cable because we want to watch the final four game this evening. Good Luck, Rick

Update: the snow stopped and the sun is shining through. If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes, it will change.

Edited by boyscout862, April 03, 2016 - 08:15 AM.

• chris m, WrenchinOnIt, FrozenInTime and 1 other said thanks

#2 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,310 Thanks
  • 2,340 posts

Posted April 03, 2016 - 08:41 AM

Ya this weather is NUTS.Just push mowed the grass yesterday.All I had on was a sweat shirt and jeans.Woke up around 4:30am and it's 24f and snowing and really windy.

Heard a loud crack outside around 6:30 and had a look and seen that 2 of the neighbors fence posts had snapped off from the wind.Must of been some pretty strong gusts to snap off 2 pressure treated 4x4 posts like that.

Was planning on tilling the garden some time this week.Hope it doesn't freeze to solid.

• chris m and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 petrj6 OFFLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,810 Thanks
  • 2,223 posts

Posted April 03, 2016 - 09:05 AM

I had to cut grass the other day !!!! only a small spot over the septic but still.  blowing and snowing here rite now. 

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,168 Thanks
  • 4,512 posts

Posted April 03, 2016 - 09:51 AM

We missed that one but sure got the wind.  Been crazy the last few days.  First one direction and then the other.  Starting to kick up again.  Yesterday was a chilly, windy 47°f.  Today they are talking up to 80°f at 5 pm.  Tomorrow a high of 47 again.  We need a good rain as the wind has really sucked moisture out of the ground, especially worked ground.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#5 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted April 05, 2016 - 03:03 AM

Well boys, you can take plowing snow, and park that right where where the sun don't shine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll take my snow blower any time, day or night, cab or no cab, to plowing!! Does a WAY EASIER AND NICER JOB!!AND WAY FASTER TOO!!!!!
I forgot how much I hated plowing snow, till yesterday... my blower is buried behind all the kids toys and my 125 in hopes spring would soon be here... Ha Ha mother nature... Real funny...
  • KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#6 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,807 Thanks
  • 7,547 posts

Posted April 05, 2016 - 07:55 AM

We got 6" more snow yesterday. I had to get out and plow before 0800hrs(accomplished). Now, clean the car, and drive to an appointment. The road is all ice. A strange phenomenom when plowing. I exposed the slush under the snow. The air temp is 23*. After awhile, the slush froze. Did I make it better or worse? Good Luck, Rick