LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,633 Thanks
  • 7,671 posts

Posted April 02, 2016 - 04:13 PM

It seems different forums have folks who specialize in different tractors. Red Square has Wheel Horse sewed up. MTF has all the 2 cycle mower pushers. We seem to have a lot of guys with Bolens. Is this the place on the internet for Bolens info? Is that our service to the world???

• LPBolens, hamman, blackjackjakexxix and 3 others have said thanks

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,720 Thanks
  • 4,280 posts

Posted April 02, 2016 - 04:27 PM

While it's true that we have a lot of Bolens info and guys that know them like the back of their hand, we are much more than that! We have a lot of members knowledgeable in all aspects of the garden tractor hobby/use. We're here to serve the masses!!

• Bolens 1000, TheFarm2004, jms180 and 9 others have said thanks

#3 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted April 02, 2016 - 04:35 PM

That's right

• hamman, blackjackjakexxix and WrenchinOnIt have said thanks

#4 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,202 posts

Posted April 02, 2016 - 04:35 PM

We are simply a GARDEN TRACTOR forum :wave: 

We do all brands of them although there are stronger followings on some of each specific make.

• hamman, blackjackjakexxix, WrenchinOnIt and 3 others have said thanks

#5 easternharvest OFFLINE  

easternharvest
  • Member No: 80494
  • 154 Thanks
  • 140 posts

Posted April 02, 2016 - 05:28 PM

Take it from a new member, this is the best all around forum for GT info. Good people too! Helped me tremendously with my projects.
  • Bolens 1000, DougT, MH81 and 8 others have said thanks

#6 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8592
  • 2,515 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted April 02, 2016 - 05:51 PM

Not sure what you mean or are asking . Red Square is Wheelhorse, unless your in Russia. "Service to the world" wow that's seems a heavy burden. As mostly a hang-around-the-Bolens-water cooler member my observations of the Bolens forum is this forum benefits from members who are former dealers and have extensive knowledge of the brand as well as hands on experience. Furthermore there are members who have immersed themselves into the brand and have educated themselves to to the benefit of others who are in need of guidance or in our case several who offer parts to repair our units as well.Everyone has something to offer someone I'm sure that would be a "service to the world" but here in our small corner I think we will be satisfied with a service to the "GT world" all of GTTALK fits that bill.
  • Bolens 1000, wilberj, LPBolens and 7 others have said thanks

#7 Traill95 ONLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,566 Thanks
  • 915 posts

Posted April 02, 2016 - 07:37 PM

While it's true that we have a lot of Bolens info and guys that know them like the back of their hand, we are much more than that! We have a lot of members knowledgeable in all aspects of the garden tractor hobby/use. We're here to serve the masses!!

So We're Catholic?  :D

• DougT, hamman, LilysDad and 4 others have said thanks

#8 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,633 Thanks
  • 7,671 posts

Posted April 02, 2016 - 07:41 PM

I didn't mean to denigrate the rest of the members. I just wondered if people who are not members are aware of the number of experienced owners and dealers we have. I am understanding that we have members with more unusual brands as well. We seem to have more than the normal allotment of walk behind tractors, too. . . . .                  Do you think we could send out spam fliers to this effect???

• MH81 and hamman have said thanks

#9 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,770 Thanks
  • 7,537 posts

Posted April 02, 2016 - 10:14 PM

We have alot of Bolens and Simplicitys because they are the most plentifull GTs. To me, we have a very diverse and well rounded group. Lets just enjoy it. Good Luck, Rick
  • Bolens 1000, DougT, MH81 and 1 other said thanks

#10 Rainier OFFLINE  

Rainier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 53758
  • 376 Thanks
  • 392 posts

Posted April 02, 2016 - 10:57 PM

Amen!

#11 Bolens800uk ONLINE  

Bolens800uk
  • Member No: 63893
  • 1,164 Thanks
  • 919 posts

Posted April 03, 2016 - 07:40 AM

To me GTT is about American garden tractors. I enjoy browsing through the various forums within GTT. My first port of call is the Bolens Forum, followed closely by looking at the For Sale section where I can only dream about acquiring these items. I have a Jacobsen built Ford 100 as well so I pop into that one as well. To me and for many UK Bolens owners this is the first port of call on Bolens related issues. The number of times I have been helped out is reflected in the number of posts I have written. Also I enjoy getting a glimpse of how you guys live over there in the US and Canada; absolutely fascinating. I also enjoy looking at other forums outside GTT but this is far easier to navigate around.
  • MH81, boyscout862, Oldford and 2 others have said thanks

#12 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,210 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted April 03, 2016 - 09:50 AM

This is the place for bolens tractors but it is also the place for all GT's

• Bolens 1000, Bolens800uk and AA Hayes have said thanks

#13 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 3,136 Thanks
  • 1,205 posts

Posted April 03, 2016 - 10:49 AM

To me GTT is about American garden tractors. I enjoy browsing through the various forums within GTT. My first port of call is the Bolens Forum, followed closely by looking at the For Sale section where I can only dream about acquiring these items. I have a Jacobsen built Ford 100 as well so I pop into that one as well. To me and for many UK Bolens owners this is the first port of call on Bolens related issues. The number of times I have been helped out is reflected in the number of posts I have written. Also I enjoy getting a glimpse of how you guys live over there in the US and Canada; absolutely fascinating. I also enjoy looking at other forums outside GTT but this is far easier to navigate around.

Just out of curiosity what web sites forums are in the UK and other parts of the world that specialize and show lawn and garden tractors?  It would be interesting to see what we may be missing out on.

Edited by 29 Chev, April 03, 2016 - 10:50 AM.

• AA Hayes said thank you

#14 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,633 Thanks
  • 7,671 posts

Posted April 03, 2016 - 06:23 PM

We have alot of Bolens and Simplicitys because they are the most plentifull GTs.

I would argue that.  Around here(Illinois) CC, JD, & Sears are tops. In In. Ohio, & Penn. Wheel Horse are everywhere. It's a regional thing.

• AA Hayes said thank you