Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Could Anyone tell me Exactly Which Simplicity Tractor this is?

help please...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ms.britty OFFLINE  

• Member No: 82042
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted April 01, 2016 - 08:58 PM

Could anyone Please let me know Exactly What this is? All I know is that it is a 16 HP, but not sure if its the original engine because there looks to be a cut in the hood for the carb? Or maybe that's the way it should be? Could anyone tell me from the pictures Exactly what Make or Model Number it is, and about what Year it is, etc? It is a 4 Speed (Non Hydraulic) 3 Forward 1 Reverse H-shaped gear shifter, and it does not have any factory Headlights. I thought it was from the 1980's but now wondering if its from the 1970's? The Left Sided deck needs a belt. We paid $600 for just the Tractor, and it runs really good, but its just too big and we've hardly used it. Could anyone give us an idea of about what its Worth, including the deck, based from what you can see in the pictures? We're the 2nd owners, and its always been well maintained, but never really used very much.

Thank You So Much for any information you might know! This is my First Time Posting anything, so please excuse me if I did anything incorrectly here...

Attached Thumbnails

• 7.JPG
  • 9.JPG
  • 5.JPG
  • 10.JPG
  • 16.JPG

#2 DougT OFFLINE  

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,511 Thanks
  • 4,176 posts

Posted April 01, 2016 - 09:03 PM

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone will be along to help.

#3 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,110 Thanks
  • 1,171 posts

Posted April 02, 2016 - 01:15 AM

That's a Simplicity large frame.
Probably first half of the seventies.
It'd be a Baron 10 or possibly a Landlord.
It looks to have been re - powered.
The exhaust pipe is supposed to line up with the round hole in the side of the hood.
The hood has been cut away to accomidate the air cleaner.
They did not come with head lights unless you paid extra.
Not many people did.
The Baron came with narrow tires like that.
The Sovereign ( top of the line) had wider tires.
The trans would be a three speed. All trans have reverse. So, that doesn't count.
  • DougT and boyscout862 have said thanks

#4 John Arsenault OFFLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 718 Thanks
  • 483 posts

Posted April 02, 2016 - 07:32 AM

Looks to me to be a Simplicity 3310 or  3410 ...landlord....is there an id tag on it near the dash anywhere with a S/N #?

#5 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,118 Thanks
  • 5,668 posts

Posted April 02, 2016 - 08:08 AM

#6 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,051 Thanks
  • 2,166 posts

Posted April 02, 2016 - 08:50 AM

Looks like a 3410.  It has a later model PTO, so it's not a 3300 series.  The hood hack is a real shame, as the air cleaner and carb are not for that engine and it could have been avoided.  That 3 bolt carb is a decade older, for a model 19 or 23 Briggs.  $600 sounds like an awful lot for one of these machines, but it does look like you have a nearly new, later model deck, which should count for at least $200, so that helps quite a bit.

• DougT and Rock farmer have said thanks

#7 ms.britty OFFLINE  

• Member No: 82042
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 06:48 PM

Thank You to everyone who let me know more about our Tractor, I really appreciate it! It runs great and has lots of power, but its just a little too big for what we need. Its on our 'List' of things we have to sell so we can pay our taxes, and that's why I wanted to know exact specifics about it, etc. We've only used it to pull the kids around on hay-wagon rides, and occasionally pull our car out of snow drifts, but we can do without it to help catch up on our taxes.

Thanks again!

• Rock farmer said thank you

#8 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

• Member No: 67204
  • 279 Thanks
  • 280 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 08:34 PM

Josh, I believe this is a Simplicity System 7010 Landlord which was offered around 1975-76. I do not believe it is a 3400 Series because it has the 7000 style decal on the front of the frame, has an ammeter (which 3400 did not), has a perforated mesh in the grill screen, and black painted drag link and lift lever as did the System 7000 tractors.

• Talntedmrgreen said thank you