#16 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,316 Thanks
  • 4,663 posts

Posted April 01, 2016 - 05:15 AM

My three Newfies are in a row in a small stonewalled in area in my woods. I used my backhoe and gave then proper 6' deep holes. It hurts so much to lose them, that I haven't been able to get another dog for 8 years now. Good Luck, Rick

It is heart-wrenching to lose a beloved pet for sure..  I had the vet put down 2 within 6 months and vowed not to get another like you..  Not to be outdone my wife thought I needed another dog even though I told her I didn't..  (I don't know why the heck she bothered asking me in the first place!)  2 years later I am still thanking her as I've filled one of the holes in my heart..  There's nothing better than getting home to the wagging tail and unconditional love a dog unselfishly gives when you come home from a long day @ work..  My dogs are buried (sans the backhoe) by our big English Walnut tree in the back yard so we see them every time we get home and their tails wag in Heaven..

We've always had dogs but the present one is a horse posing as a dog!   :say_what:

• boyscout862, pick-to-stone and charliewl1 have said thanks

#17 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,491 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted April 01, 2016 - 07:04 AM

We always buried ours by the fence at our old house. One of our dogs passed back in Feb, it was so cold and nasty, we ended up having him cremated for $90. Much easier than me digging a hole in the frozen tundra and since it was mom/dad's dog, we will probably spread his ashes over their graves one day.

• pick-to-stone said thank you

#18 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,506 Thanks
  • 3,386 posts

Posted April 01, 2016 - 09:04 AM

We lost our 17 year old kitty, Scooter a month ago, he's buried beside my best buddy Yoda in the back with a small stone garden surrounded by brick. Yoda walked on a leash like a dog and looked forward to our 2 daily trips around the property.

Scooter and Yoda.jpg YodaandScootermed.JPG

#19 MGP59DB ONLINE  

MGP59DB
  • Member No: 66960
  • 1,030 Thanks
  • 525 posts

Posted April 01, 2016 - 04:04 PM

It is pretty sad to think of losing my best friends .

Pepper hurt herself about 4 years ago , not sure how but she wrenched her spine and caused a disk to rupture and push on her spinal cord . A common thing for Dachsunds . She was only 13 pounds a mini Dach , She got medical help but was in bad shape to the point of lost bladder control and lost 75% of the movement in her rear left and 50% in the right .. I felt so bad , tore me to pieces , She lost 1/4 of her weight and looked like she was at deaths door .

I caged her and forced her medication down her throat twice a day everyday with a syringe for 2 months . I babied her with soft foods and as little need to move as possible .

I gave her the chance to recover but I had little hope . It was as if I had already lost her.  

She did recover amazingly and has full use of limbs . And is a happy dog still .

I look forward to coming home and seeing her every day .

I took her for granted at the time and didn't realize just how much she meant to me until then .

I know someday I will have to go thru it all again .

006 (4).jpg

001.jpg

Where will I bury my pets?

Deep into my Heart and memories.

Edited by MGP59DB, April 01, 2016 - 04:05 PM.

• MH81, Delmar, Bmerf and 4 others have said thanks

#20 SupplySergeant OFFLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,084 Thanks
  • 658 posts

Posted April 01, 2016 - 09:54 PM

When I lost my donkey Bert this january, I rented a backhoe and put him in his favorite spot to soak up the sun. Still hurts like hell to think about it, pneumonia sucks.

• MH81 and pick-to-stone have said thanks

#21 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted April 02, 2016 - 05:20 AM

It is pretty sad to think of losing my best friends .
Pepper hurt herself about 4 years ago , not sure how but she wrenched her spine and caused a disk to rupture and push on her spinal cord . A common thing for Dachsunds . She was only 13 pounds a mini Dach , She got medical help but was in bad shape to the point of lost bladder control and lost 75% of the movement in her rear left and 50% in the right .. I felt so bad , tore me to pieces , She lost 1/4 of her weight and looked like she was at deaths door .
I caged her and forced her medication down her throat twice a day everyday with a syringe for 2 months . I babied her with soft foods and as little need to move as possible .
I gave her the chance to recover but I had little hope . It was as if I had already lost her.
She did recover amazingly and has full use of limbs . And is a happy dog still .
I look forward to coming home and seeing her every day .
I took her for granted at the time and didn't realize just how much she meant to me until then .
I know someday I will have to go thru it all again .
attachicon.gif006 (4).jpg
attachicon.gif001.jpg

Where will I bury my pets?
Deep into my Heart and memories.

Yeah you've been given a gift of extended time and it sounds as if you're making good use of it.
  • MGP59DB and pick-to-stone have said thanks

#22 pick-to-stone ONLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• Member No: 76550
  • 253 Thanks
  • 372 posts

Posted April 04, 2016 - 11:22 AM

Started work on a cross for the dog i know it's wrong to love a pet that much but i don't care I will post a few pic later to day of what i have done
  • MH81, SupplySergeant, toppop52 and 1 other said thanks

#23 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted April 04, 2016 - 11:46 AM

i know it's wrong to love a pet that much but i don't care

Not at all.
Love is infinite, it's time that is fleeting.

#24 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,869 Thanks
  • 3,198 posts

Posted April 04, 2016 - 02:41 PM

Ours have a graveyard up on the hill under a big old pine tree. So far there are three cats, Abercrombie, Smokie Joe, and Herbie, and five dogs, Heiko, Katie, Bear, Akiera, Nya, and soon Ariba, buried there in the last 25 years. I lost My Olde Deere's partner, Ariba, in December. What do you do with a 95lb. dog in Dec.? Up here you wrap her securely, set her down in the snow and put a 1200lb. frozen big round bale on top of her. In spring when the ground is thawed enough you dig deep and move the bale off her and bury her next to the rest. We did the same for Akiera when she died in Dec. many years ago and it worked perfectly.  When we moved here  the saddest thing about leaving the old farm was having to leave the pet cemetery behind.

• MH81, MGP59DB and pick-to-stone have said thanks

#25 pick-to-stone ONLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• 253 Thanks
  • 372 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 03:56 PM

Srry i don't have the pic's yet its been raining and i'v been busy

Edited by pick-to-stone, April 07, 2016 - 03:56 PM.

• MGP59DB said thank you

#26 pick-to-stone ONLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• 253 Thanks
  • 372 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 07:13 PM

fainly got the pic

You may not see it but it says

2005 RJ 2016

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

Edited by pick-to-stone, April 08, 2016 - 08:52 PM.

• MH81, oldedeeres, toppop52 and 1 other said thanks