Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

The nieghbor got his truck stuck in the yard, AGAIN!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 08:35 PM

I went to bed early with a headache last night only to be awaken by my neighbor asking if I would yank his truck out of the yard again(he does this at least a couple times a year). Marty is a great neighbor, a self proclaimed redneck and a hell of a lot of fun to watch. I looked out my garage window and there it was in the pouring rain stuck in his yard with firewood piled as high as the roof of the cab. I told him he would have to unload the wood first and I would pull him out tomorrow, my head was killing me. About an hour later I hear a commotion and looked out the window. He was trying to pull it out with an all wheel drive Subaru sedan! In the process he broke the left front drive axle in the truck and got the Subaru stuck! Today I got my 1949 John Deere B out and pulled him out and up to his garage to repair the damage. I took a couple of quick pics.

DSC02149.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC02145.jpg
  • DSC02148.jpg
  • DSC02144.jpg
  • DSC02147.jpg
  • DSC02146.jpg

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 08:39 PM

Wow, he really knows how to abuse his equipment. It amazes me how some people just can't stand to wait until daylight to do anything. Glad you got him dragged out.

#3 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,341 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 08:49 PM

Hope the head feels better.
Guys like that make my neck hurt from shaking my head.
Not that I haven't done dumb - A stuff before, but why chance it?

BTW, what's all the smoke from in the last pic?

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 09:03 PM

I had a neighbor like that. One time I pulled him out & before I got my tractor back in the shed I heard his engine revving & tires spinning again! Yes, he got stuck again within 2 minutes of pulling him out! I just threw the tractor in gear & headed back. He had backed into standing water with a dump bed full of dirt, thinking he'd fill the low spot. He started to say something, but I told him to hook the chain. I pulled him out & took off in high gear. I wanted him to know I was getting tired of it. This was like the 20th time I had pulled him out of his stupidity. I'm all for helping people, but sometimes ya gotta teach them to help themselves first!
Only twice a year isn't bad in my book though. My neighbor asked me for a pull like a dozen times a year.

#5 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,634 Thanks
  • 3,923 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 09:07 PM

I think I used to work with that guy!! :bigrofl:

#6 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 09:54 PM

See!!! Even 4 wheel drive won't help if you do dumb-A stuff, like drive into a swamp.

#7 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,341 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 10:37 PM

Every spring, the bottom goes out of the dirt road by my parents house, and every spring the same Family of goofballs would get stuck 2-3 times and ask Dad for a pull. Dad eventually had the tractor in for repair one of those times, so he told the guy to call the township and have them pull him out.

Twice in one week & they closed the road, then proceeded to gravel the heck out of it... Needed done years before. Now it might happen once every couple of years, but with different goofballs :D

#8 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 04:57 AM

I love people like this, great conversation starters.

#9 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,446 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 07:16 AM

Thats not too bad to have them come ask for help.I went into town one day for about a hour and came home and saw a truck in the ditch a short distance from my driveway.I drove in the yard and there was a guy by my tractor trying to hot wire it.I asked him WTF he was doing. He had the gall to tell me that he was trying to start my tractor so he could pull his truck out,because there was no one home,and needed to get his truck out.I can tell you the chouce words I had to say to him.The only reason I didn't call the Police on him was that my Daughter knew him and he was a friend of hers.I ended up pulling him out and he asked me if he owed me anything ,I said $20 then he said he didn't have any $ on him but would come back and pay,never seen him again.Larry

#10 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 02:51 PM

he asked me if he owed me anything ,I said $20 then he said he didn't have any $ on him but would come back and pay,never seen him again.Larry

And I'm sure you were holding your breath for him to return & pay right Larry? LOL

#11 mike165 OFFLINE  

mike165

• Member No: 2973
  • 6 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted May 06, 2011 - 08:27 PM

ive only had to call apon a friend with a tractor once and i broke the output shaft of my transmition lol. i was playing on a low/no maintainance road so it was a greasy slimy mess that when it rains. people mostly stay away from it, its where the local kids go play and get stuck. i have an old 70 f100 that likes to throw mud on teenagers lol.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
shes got a 460 throwin out 528 horses and 4.56 gears front and back. all four tires are locked togather with spools. an shes ugly lol it rusts an i prime lol :bounce:

#12 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 08:34 AM

My FIL has an RV that he uses when he's traveling for work. He gets it stuck in the yard at least twice a year LOL! He doesn't call me very often, as he has AAA and they come out with one of their rigs and pull it out. And yet he continues to park it in the same spot every year. I told him he needs to expand the driveway because he has 3 trailers (a 10' and a 16' open, and a 16' enclosed), the RV( about 24' long), a HUGE Dodge pickup (crew cab, 8' bed Ram 2500) and my MIL's car. I guess as long as he's willing to pay for the AAA Gold membership and deal with the hassle of having to call them a couple times a year, That's his call.

#13 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,743 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 08:53 AM

Neat stories here. Mike, that should throw a lot of mud. LOL

#14 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 08:54 AM

Mike165,I love those older Ford trucks. I've had Fords all my life.

#15 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 09:22 AM

Mike, nice truck that is the perfect mud slinger!