mead speedcat in for sale forum?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hddlh OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8018
  • 24 Thanks
  • 40 posts

Posted March 30, 2016 - 07:27 AM

I've been looking at ad for mead speedcat and think it would be good addition to the family.  I'm looking for opinions on value as I've found little information regarding value on internet?  The price at 4k seems high, especially if it's not running.  I'm thinking more like 2 to 2.5k, but don't really know what's fair.  Thanks for any thoughts or opinions.

• tracyhe18 said thank you

#2 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,053 Thanks
  • 2,093 posts

Posted March 30, 2016 - 08:05 AM

What we think, doesn't really matter !!

Ultimately, it's between you and the seller --- What you are willing to pay, and what the seller is willing to accept.

Make an offer for what you think is fair.  ....The seller can accept, refuse, or counter-offer.

If the seller holds to his price, and the unit doesn't sell, the price may be lowered in the future.

• boyscout862 and MarksA-C have said thanks

#3 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,052 Thanks
  • 2,166 posts

Posted March 30, 2016 - 08:29 AM

I can respect your desire to get valued opinions to help you decide what may be a gair price. If you dont know, ask! Right?

I also believe 4k is high, but my opinion on your estimated range is that youre shooting low. I would be offering near the 3k mark, after seeing a few of these list, and sell.
  • hddlh said thank you

#4 MarksA-C OFFLINE  

• Member No: 77718
  • 153 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted April 03, 2016 - 11:20 PM

The $4000 it is listed for is the current asking price.  Myself and the owner are open for offers.

The machine is "not running" but was put away and stored proper.  That alone is a far too uncommon thing and is understandable that most people would view it as a "Non running piece of crap" since 95% of the time, that is what they are.  In the upcoming weeks, now that the weather is warmer, the owner and myself will be firing up his trucks (Diesels) and I'll be able to get at the Speedcat and get it running.  Which I'm sure will only involve fuel, battery, and a shot of oil in the cylinder.  I'll be sure to video tape the first startup and myself driving it around the yard like a goofball. 

Did I remember to mention it has NOS tracks installed, no wear on the bucket, and that it was used its entire life to install overhead beams in basements.  Not some worn to hell junker rammed into piles of dirt and tree stumps.  As Rick says, "I don't own sh*t."

• Chopperhed said thank you