2 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,151 Thanks
  • 4,498 posts

Posted March 30, 2016 - 07:14 AM

Going to get the deck off first.  Then run it in the garage so I am out of the wind.  15 - 18 mph with gusts up to 25 today again.  If I tried to drain it outside would have whole drive covered with oil and nothing in the catch pan.  Never done this before so a new experience.  PO said he didn't know when it was done last as he never did it.  Was dealer serviced at about 1100 hours and has 1260 on it now.  Dealer who done the work no longer a Kubota dealer.  Rest has all been serviced by me so when this is done will know when it is due again.

• EricFromPa and Auburn David have said thanks

#2 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,300 Thanks
  • 2,334 posts

Posted March 30, 2016 - 11:09 AM

14.2 qts better have a big pan lol

Made that mistake a couple times till I found someone that burns waste oil.Neighbor has a couple 50gal barrels that I dump it in.

Don't use a Fram filter.Neighbor found that out the hard way on his little Ford 1720.Filter clogged up and blew apart.I think he put a fleetguard filter on it this time.

• sodisr said thank you

#3 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,151 Thanks
  • 4,498 posts

Posted March 30, 2016 - 07:17 PM

Thanks for the warning but I was prepared for the quantity.  About half came out the front plug.  Dumped it and got the rest from the other two drains.  Stuff did not have a good color as it looked like it had moisture in it.  Had that milky color to it.  I didn't clean the screen this time as I wanted to run it a little and drain it again to get that milky stuff all out.  Will change filter and clean the screen after a couple hours.  Oil and filter is cheaper than a hydro rebuild.  I have used all Baldwin filters for several years.  Local private Tractor repair shop sells them & uses them exclusively on everything that he works on.

I filled it, ran it for about 5 min.  then drained out about a pint to get it down to the full mark.  Wants to purge oil out around the fill cap.  Is this normal or is there a vent that is plugged some place?  Did this before the change also.  Nothing in either manual about any vent.

Edited by chieffan, March 30, 2016 - 07:18 PM.