Garden Tractor Forums banner

Cub 2155 no spark

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  rippinryno 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just picked up a 2155. Good looking little tractor in good shape. Previous owner gave up when it stopped giving spark. Fuel is good but can't get any spark at the plug. All obvious safety features are in tact and attached. It turns over fine sounds good but won't spark. When the key is left in the on position (not start), it will sit there and click a little bit. Not sure if this is normal or could be a sign of what is malfuntioning. Any ideas?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
thanks guys, i'm going to dig deep tonigth and look at some of the wiring again to verify there's nothing obvious. When you say you had a bad magneto, are you referring to the ignition coil itself? I'm trying to start the process of replacing things and want to get one on order since you're not the only person i've read who had to replace the magneto on this. My motor is the CH15

i've got a bit of deck work to do as well, the upper pulley on the back of the deck, the double pulley setup, is wollered out and neeeds replaced and probably some bearings. also the deck is bent in on the corner so the blade hits it before it can spin. I think he had hit it with soemthing when it was sitting in the yard. nothing a sledge and some pry bars can't fix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.