26 replies to this topic

#1 matts OFFLINE  

matts

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2175
  • 48 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 07:30 PM

I gave my JD 285 to a friend yesterday. At the time I made the decision, I was pulling the bearings out of the deck. I ordered new bearings ( alot of them) we paid for a today delivery. I really wanted for him to get to mow with her today. The companie sent the wrong damn bearings. I ordered 204 rr6 and they sent 6204 bearings. Now I have to wait for the people to make it right. They said it will be next week!!! Really? you &^#$%&* up and I have to wait a week? Im pissed about the whole deal. I would buy from JD but they want to rape me with the price.

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 07:32 PM

I gave my JD 285 to a friend yesterday. At the time I made the decision, I was pulling the bearings out of the deck. I ordered new bearings ( alot of them) we paid for a today delivery. I really wanted for him to get to mow with her today. The companie sent the wrong damn bearings. I ordered 204 rr6 and they sent 6204 bearings. Now I have to wait for the people to make it right. They said it will be next week!!! Really? you &^#$%&* up and I have to wait a week? Im pissed about the whole deal. I would buy from JD but they want to rape me with the price.

That's a bummer. As long as they make it right but it would be nice if they could expedite the shipping. Who did you order the bearings from?

#3 matts OFFLINE  

matts

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2175
  • 48 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 07:47 PM

I ordered from a company near me who has great prices. But if the bearings are not right what does price matter!

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 08:08 PM

sorry to hear about your inconvenience, hope it all works out.

#5 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, raping is bad.

#6 KIRO-1 OFFLINE  

KIRO-1

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2451
  • 40 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 08:28 PM

Sorry to hear that Matt. Grab your bass, sit and play for a while and you'll feel better.

#7 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 08:47 PM

Matt , sometimes it a really pain to get the correct parts. Hope you don't have to pay return shipping . Al

#8 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,341 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 08:54 PM

Matt, I have a local company I buy from, but I NEVER do it over the phone. I always take it to them & let them tell me what I need. I usually pay $5 more than I would online, but it's worth it not to have to fight with someone over a mistake & they're about 3 miles from where I work.

#9 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 09:17 PM

Sorry to hear that. I think that is a corollary (doesn't that mean "kinda the same thing") to "No good deed goes unpunished...."

reminds me of that old ketchup commercial....... "Anticipation. Anticipation. It's makin' me wait. It's makin' me wait...."

#10 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,743 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 05:30 AM

Sorry to here of the mix-up. I have two bearing companies here i take everything to. I usually end up with a better quality bearing. And if one can't get it, the other can. Good luck on the parts.

#11 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 05:43 AM

I am trying to figure out what is the best place to get parts. I live in a pretty small town and don't really have a "small engine" place close by so usually I order stuff online. So far I have always gotten the right stuff. But, I have found it really helps to know what you are looking for. Once my buddy took a tire off for me and broke the retaining clip, well the way he described it to me it sounded like it must be super special. So, I figured I better get the right one and $10 later got a standard 50 cent e-clip. I was a little pissed about that.

#12 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 07:03 AM

When I buy auto parts if possible I always take the old part in with me to compare. The problem lies with knowledge. Most of those people only know what the computer shows them and if they hit the wrong key or misread what's there you may get a water pump to replace a power steering pump. Kinda like getting change at the register, if you need a quarter in your change and give them a nickel, dime and penny to make it come out that way, they're lost. Can you say "edyoukashun"?

#13 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,341 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 07:18 AM

Kinda like getting change at the register, if you need a quarter in your change and give them a nickel, dime and penny to make it come out that way, they're lost. Can you say "edyoukashun"?

Amen! If your bill ends in 6 cents and you give them a dime and a penny so you end up with a nickle instead of 4 more pennies... Like you just sprouted a 3rd eye...

#14 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,743 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 07:45 AM

Most people behind parts counters haven't a clue of what a part visually looks like. I had that problem with a 'manager' of a store. Didn't have a clue of where to look for the part I needed. Went to a competitor and they knew exactly what I wanted. Walked out with it and took it back to the original place to show him what it was. Very seldom go there any more. But I did go to the main web page for the company and let them know how knowledgeable their people weren't. Got a nice e-mail of apology from them.

#15 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 07:54 AM

It's all about part numbers and computers now.... You should of seen the problems I ran into trying to get a coil wire to fit my coil of unk vintage, a mid 1970's Chrysler ballast resistor and a universal coil bracket.

For bearings, I use Accurate Bearing on-line. They have been amazing to deal with and treat you like a huge company even if you order three little bearings. Ask for Lynne.