#1 petrj6 OFFLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted March 27, 2016 - 05:05 PM

I am in need of a good steering wheel and an original seat for my speedex 1040, don't need anything special just something that will work on a daily use machine.  anyone able to help ??

Pete

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 12:18 PM

Hi, I have a parts tractor, all apart, BUT, not those items. Those are the most wrecked items on any Speedex or others that I have bought.  I just go with after-market ones off ebay or places for the seat. The steering wheels on these are metal to metal and one of hardest to get off.  I have cut them off before. I have on some heated centers, which can do when no grip plastic there to melt and still used puller with that heat to get off.  They are also just plain 3/4" bore and usually just a pin to hold on. Getting pin out is hard even. Most wheels have tapers, splines or other shapes and don't fit like these. Lots of soaking MAY help, but not by much really. Course, maybe you've been thru this already IF you are looking for a wheel and maybe messed yours up?  I might have to sell my parts tractor, but I swapped many better parts from it for mine, and it is now the not so good steering and things like that.  It is all apart in diff places, not really in way at this time, so not sure what I will do with it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted