#17 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 09:09 PM

Wife and I just returned from visiting Michael and his mom. I don't know what's in store, but here's what I do know: Michael will go into hospice care tomorrow. He is still critical..... his insides are not working as they need to, but it's just not "time". His breathing is still very labored and he cannot survive without the breathing mask. He's on morphine. He and I were talking and he still chides me every chance he gets and he still purposely talks past my wife as a way to fun with her because he knows it teases her, so, mentally, he's still very much "here". I let both of them know that there are a LOT of people praying for them that they don't even know (all you GTTalk folks :thumbs: :good_job:). Sharon said she can FEEL it!

So, here's to you, guys! It's good to know that we can all gather to share this fun hobby/obsession/curse, and still support those that are dealing with some really serious issues. :urock:

#18 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 552 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 09:56 PM

Some thing were never understand and when we look around there is someone always worse off than we are. Prays are sent for the uplifting of you friend, His Heavenly home will be so much better.

#19 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted May 06, 2011 - 07:20 PM

Well guys, Michael went to see his Lord this afternoon. He had been in hospice care since Wednesday morning. He was tired, but still fighting. He planned a gathering today for lunch for all of his friends and loved ones.... had a cookout at the hospice house. There were probably 100 people there, at least. I heard that this morning at 4am he was wanting to take his breathing mask off..... he was soooo tired. The nurse reminded him that he had a party to go to later in the day. He told his mom sometime during the morning hours that he didn't think he was going to do very good after lunch. Here's a miracle in itself: Michael couldn't drink any liquids for the last 2 years due to his condition. Sometime Wednesday when they were giving him a small drink from a straw, he noticed that it wasn't making him choke any more. So, for the last 2 days he was drinking and enjoying as many different "slushie" flavors that he could get! One time when I was visiting him, he was enjoying a blue coconut slushie. His lips and his whole mouth were bright blue, and you could tell he was savoring every drop! Today, he welcomed all of the people that came to feast, so he knew that everyone made it. I headed back to work at about 1:30 but got a call at about 3pm that he had started deteriorating rapidly. By 5:20 or so, he was gone. No more pain, free from the muscular dystrophy, and, I'm sure, getting to see his dad again, who had passed away last August.

Thanks again for all of the prayers and well wishes. If you happen to think about it, ask a special blessing for his mother..... this weekend will be that much tougher because of Mother's Day.

Rest in peace, Michael!!

#20 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted May 06, 2011 - 07:44 PM

RIP for sure Michael. It sounds as his prayers have been answered. I am so glad he made it through the party. Seems it was his last hoorah. Happy to hear he enjoyed the slushies so much. Prayers for his mother sent. I feel for all his family & his friends like you nra.

#21 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 06, 2011 - 08:05 PM

R.I.P Michael. I am very happy he got to enjoy his slushies and drink again. Also that he got to have his party. Prayers sent for his mother.

#22 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted May 06, 2011 - 11:45 PM

Will say an extra prayer for his Mom tonight.
Will have a slushie for Michael tomorrow.
RIP.

#23 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 03:41 AM

Rest in peace Michael. I will add his Mother on to my prayer list as others have done. It is very comforting to know that he has returned to be with both his Dad,and his heavenly father. Shawn

#24 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 04:26 AM

R.I.P. Michael.

#25 KIRO-1 OFFLINE  

KIRO-1

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2451
  • 40 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 05:52 AM

R.I.P. Michael for your pain is gone for all eternity. For Michaels Mom, May the Lord Bless you and keep you, May he be gracious to you. I will pray for her and for you NRA asking Our Lord to give both of you the strength to carry on.

Ross

#26 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 07:52 AM

May you rest in peace Michael! I will certainly remember his Mom in my prayers. It is truly an inspiration to hear how he cherished the little things in his life that brought him joy in the face of all the adversity! In the end he was an example to us all about the thing in life that are really important...Faith, Family, friends, a good sense of humor, and a slushie every now and then!

#27 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted May 08, 2011 - 10:06 AM

Thank you, everyone!

I spent yesterday morning helping Sharon, Michael's mother, move into her new house. They were in the process of moving when Michael got so ill. She had sold her main residence and is moving into a rent house that she has. She had quite a time getting the previous renters out of the house. (More like "squatters", because they were behind several month's rent!) Six of us with trucks/trailers picked up her stuff from storage and got it to her house.

I'll be sure to pass on to Sharon the comments/prayers. I know she'll appreciate them!

#28 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,344 Thanks
  • 39,622 posts

Posted May 08, 2011 - 11:36 AM

Rest in peace, Michael. I will be thinking of his mother this day.