• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted March 27, 2016 - 11:39 AM

The belt jumped off the drive part of the mower. Initially I didn`t see any really worn parts of the belt....knowing their had to be a reason  for it jump off.  I`ve never seen a belt so tight with guards to keep the belt on. Had remove one just to remove mower belt and pull the deck so I could get to the drive belt.  After seeing it was out of the guard on the fan/trans axle pulley and not being able to get it back in without bending something I loosened the guide bolt ( bloody knuckle. I eased the belt back in and went to line the belt back up on the pulley/ idlers in the middle. Then I was a big chunk out of the belt. So I went to look to see what I was going to have to take off to get the belt on the engine pulley. It looks to me like I`m going to have to drop the electric clutch/mower belt pulley assembly to get the belt back on the drive pulley. I really hate to get into that part just to change the belt but don`t see any other way. Are the pulleys going to be pressed fit on engine shaft or will they come off pretty easy.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted March 27, 2016 - 11:44 AM

Thats really the only option on those, unfortunately you have to remove alot of stuff to get to the belt , some you even have to take off the steering linkage!

Just remember to get a OEM spec belt from a shop or one of us sponsors here as if you get a cheap auto store belt you'll be changing it again in a  year or two

• jms180 said thank you

#3 jms180 ONLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 915 Thanks
  • 1,207 posts

Posted March 27, 2016 - 02:06 PM

sometimes the drive belt pulley above the pto gets stuck on the engine shaft. The way the belt keepers are part of the frame it may be easier to remove the engine bolts and raise the engine up enough to slide the belt from the pulley. Sometimes the pulley will slide off with the pto pulley and sometimes they are rusted to the engine shaft. Good luck with your replacement.

Edited by jms180, March 27, 2016 - 02:07 PM.

#4 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 03:21 AM

OOOHHH that`s what I`m afraid of... Thanks Guys