Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Ever feel like your collection is fighting you?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 10:46 AM

YES ! That is just life in normal mode isn't it ? The minute we put a deadline on a hobby project, ALL the gremlins seem to get released :(  Now my pull vehicle seems to have joined the fray....Hope to see you in KY !

• MH81 and wvbuzzmaster have said thanks

#17 danvan54 OFFLINE  

danvan54

• Member No: 4271
  • 20 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted March 30, 2016 - 02:20 PM

It might not help you right now, but I believe in sticking with one brand of tractor- more parts can be interchangeable.  Doesn't matter if the tractor is yellow, green, red or anything else.  Just get one ready and go have fun!

• limebuzz and jpackard56 have said thanks

#18 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted March 31, 2016 - 07:34 AM

It might not help you right now, but I believe in sticking with one brand of tractor- more parts can be interchangeable.  Doesn't matter if the tractor is yellow, green, red or anything else.  Just get one ready and go have fun!

I agree with this concept across the board :thumbs:  My issue as of dark last night is the 782 is now not getting spark. Testing wires etc. seems to indicate the coil itself. Guess who doesn't have one other twin cylinder Kohler in ALL this stuff to "borrow" a coil from. I'll be calling places that are between me and Canton today to try and find one. My wife has to go up there today, 96 miles one way. Hopefully somebody within that drive has what I need at a price I can afford. Son's 147 is acting poorly too as of phone call last night, so maybe just me w/o tractor coming down Friday.

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#19 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted March 31, 2016 - 07:41 AM

With the farm this has proven out time after time to be effective, but now that the newer stuff is becoming so electronic dependent ALL bets seem to be off. Seems the "older/simpler" tractors and equipment work with less hassle more consistently.

Now if I could say the same about my "older" body :( (seems to need more coffee just to start anymore...

• limebuzz and wvbuzzmaster have said thanks

#20 Greasy6020 OFFLINE  

Greasy6020
  • Member No: 78477
  • 668 Thanks
  • 650 posts

Posted March 31, 2016 - 11:22 AM

With the farm this has proven out time after time to be effective, but now that the newer stuff is becoming so electronic dependent ALL bets seem to be off. Seems the "older/simpler" tractors and equipment work with less hassle more consistently.
Now if I could say the same about my "older" body :( (seems to need more coffee just to start anymore...

You got it. I'll put any of my dads tractors up against a comparable tractor of more modern times. Bethcha the international 986 will stomp a new case ih into the dust

#21 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,288 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted March 31, 2016 - 11:26 AM