Garden Tractor Forums banner

Picked up this D4-10 and D4-12 with implements this week

4K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  sacsr 
#1 ·
Got a call from a nice guy whose Dad had passed away. Pictures were sent and a deal was made. I will keep the D4-12 and the bumper off the D4-10. Rest most likely will be sold. Wheel Tire Sky Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light
Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive wheel system
Plant Motor vehicle Wood Road surface Asphalt
Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Tints and shades
Table Bumper Wood Road surface Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Wood

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice score! That snow blade would work well on Alice!

Reactions: sacsr
#7 ·
That is a nice haul. The plow and the hiller are both made by Brinly and attach to a sleeve hitch. The hiller is actually a cultivator frame, with what looks like home built moldboards. I am planning on trying to make some similar moldboards later today, and I may run them on my cultivator frame as well.

The first picture shows the cultivator attached to the sleeve hitch, the second picture is a close up of the sleeve hitch.

Jim

Attachments

#9 ·
Man! Couple years ago never Knew Bush-Hog even made tractors, and now YOU own most of them! Heh! Seems they are more popular out East there. Why is that, when they were made in Colorado or such weren't they?? Not sure I've ever seen one personally in Mid-West shows I've been to, Even Portland, IN one?? Never cared for the early little ones, but like the big ones with the tool box fenders and such.

#18 ·
So Daniel are the rear transaxle casings cast iron as well? Sorry I don't know my metals.
I believe they are cast iron Scott, but never tested to be sure.

My steering on my 12 is gone too. I wonder if that's a common problem. Maybe we're just too strong.
Usually hitting a hole or immovable object breaks them when the sector gear comes around & hits the cast in stop.

#19 ·
Is the metal bar on the cultivator original or is that handmade?
01b79fbcab911911675143376475daa4.jpg
0f2de5bfb49de66274bc2feb06caedda.jpg
I believe DH1 and Oldcowhand are correct that that part is home built. Possibly as an anti-sway bar, but factory built sleeve hitches have two bolts that you tighten to eliminate sway. It may also have been part of a lift mechanism to adapt it to something other than a sleeve hitch.

Jim

#22 ·
Cast iron is a snap to weld, just clean it really well then use mg250 stick rods. after the weld take the sharp end of a chipping hammer and peen the weld while it cools. after it cools of a bit but before it gets cold put the next pass in. when you are all done wrap it in insulation and leave it for the night. then grind clean and go. I woudnt mind having one for those front bumpers or even the dimensions so I could make one.

Nice score by the way

pete

#23 ·
ditto on the brazing for cast iron parts. problem with that part is that it looks like it has been welded before, its somewhat large, and it sees a lot of stress and ultimately will likely fail again. I assume its the same as used on the d410 and you could just swap it out from a parts unit. quicker, easy and more reliable.

#26 ·
Very nice score Scott. How many more models do you need to find yet in order to make the collection complete? Can't be many more models to find yet? I'm rooting for you, and hope you'll find everything by the end of this year!

You keep finding these tractors, and your collection will out number mine in no time! :smilewink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.