To sell or keep? My tractor collection

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 jabelman OFFLINE  

• Member No: 38843
  • 1,454 Thanks
  • 1,121 posts

Posted March 25, 2016 - 07:37 AM

Jason already owns the Porter Cable , but..... I have the snowblower from the P/C here if anyone is interested????

don't tempt me on the snowblower.... I have no use for it but it would make a nice show piece

#32 Traill95 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 905 posts

Posted March 25, 2016 - 08:30 AM

30 model A tudor all stock body complete with original fenders. A new frame with a 5.0 ,AOD, and 9" rear on 4 bar front and rear suspension. Tube axle on leafs up front and adjustable coilovers out back.

Nice. :thumbs:  :thumbs:

• TomLGT195 said thank you

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 62066
  • 983 Thanks
  • 443 posts

Posted March 25, 2016 - 08:31 AM

You are a living breathing artifact as for organized labor is concerned. I for one was on the bargaining committee with our union (UAW Local 1832 Nashville, TN) Peterbilt Truck. Our local no longer remains, stalemate on our last contract so PACCAR closed the plant. My point is: I have met with many of our brother's & sister's from UAW local 1853 Spring Hill, TN GM plant (used to be Saturn). Many moved here from MI,IN,OH and so on. I heard stories of their move, what they sold,what they kept and what they wish they kept.

Whatever your decision is I hope it is a good one for you. Congrats on your move and/or promotion! KEEP THE 195 with FEL, you'll be glad you did...         

#34 Mtypython OFFLINE  

• Member No: 80530
  • 250 Thanks
  • 283 posts

Posted March 25, 2016 - 03:31 PM

Tom i might like the pc blower, if you get a pod or container you can drop it at my place for a while,have a side yard behind fence that dont get used much.

#35 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,746 Thanks
  • 2,166 posts

Posted April 03, 2016 - 04:24 PM

I've decided to sell a couple tractors I didn't get warm and fuzzy about. The rest, I will move with me. The plan is to move a couple up to Maine every time I go looking for a new house.  

This Tuesday is the big interview to see if I go or stay. The house valued good enough to be able to sell where i won't lose my shirt.

• limebuzz, MH81, Alc and 2 others have said thanks

#36 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,112 Thanks
  • 1,173 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 08:12 PM

How did it go?
  • limebuzz said thank you

#37 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 09:45 PM

Glad you decided to sell a few you dont absolutely love. I will eventually have a problem if I have to move my collection. Luckily they always have a home at my parents house. This year a few of my not so sacred tractors are going to find new homes due to space constraints.

Hope the interview went well.

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, April 08, 2016 - 09:45 PM.

#38 dhiesel OFFLINE  

• Member No: 872
  • 16 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 05:37 AM

I had a friend that lost his house to the crash of 08-09, he had a good deal quality lumber that I picked up for Free/Cheap. A number of years later when he got back on his feet I offered what I had not used back to him. He really appreciated it. I know I start out wanting to buy a tractor, then make plans to use or rebuild a tractor but my focus changes over time so do projects. I no longer have the Sears tractor in my avatar, but I do have the opportunity to use a sickle bar. Wish you and family many happy days ahead  

#39 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,378 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 06:12 AM

I hope the interview went well Tom.

As for your collection, I'd keep the rare ones, and the ones that have

special meaning to you and your family. Sell the rest.

Good luck

#40 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,746 Thanks
  • 2,166 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 07:35 AM

I was told "when you get there (Boston) , you'll have a job!"  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:

Still a lot  to do before then, as I wasn't planning to move a month ago before the offer, things need to be made ready for the sale of the house . That'll give me time to go through the collection.

• wvbuzzmaster, MFDAC, EricR and 1 other said thanks