• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Case446646 OFFLINE  

Case446646
  • Member No: 81893
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 10:26 PM

Need some help my 446 starts right up and runs fine for 30 min. Then it starts missing and back firing through carb. I've clean and replaced float and needle valve on the carb. I've cleaned and adjusted the points. Got a coil coming in the mail. Hope that's it the coil tested aliile weak.thanks for any help
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 10:46 PM

Welcome to GTtalk, glad to have you here. It sounds like a bad coil or condenser to me, good luck.

I'm going to move this to the Case forum.

• Alc and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,810 Thanks
  • 2,223 posts

Posted March 24, 2016 - 04:13 AM

Sure does sound like a coil, you say you replaced the float ? is it adjusted correctly ?  those are pretty simple carb and point systems, wait to see what the coil does then maybe play with the float.  if the float is out of adjustment it could be running itself out of gas after a few minutes or under HI rev.

Pete

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 882 Thanks
  • 494 posts

Posted March 24, 2016 - 06:17 AM

Very first thing that occurs to me is clogged vent on the fuel tank.  When it happens try opening the fuel cap and see if it straightens out.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#5 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,806 Thanks
  • 7,547 posts

Posted March 24, 2016 - 06:20 AM

Welcome to GTT. It could be a constriction in the fuel flow to the carb. I've seen it before that the fuel filter or fuel lines are mostly plugged. The new gas eats the inside of the fuel lines. Occassionaly the vent hole in the gas tank gets plugged. Run it until it has trouble and unscrew the gas cap. If it starts running better in about 10 seconds, then the cap is the problem. Otherwise, let it cool and disconnect the fuel line at the carb. Let the fuel flow into a clean can for a minute. If the flow stays good, the the lines and filter are okay. Last thing, look at the fuel in the can, is there any contamination? If there is flush the system. Good Luck, Rick

#6 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted March 24, 2016 - 02:35 PM

:welcometogttalk: :camera: