Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Uh Oh, Where Did These Two Case 444's Come From?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 20, 2010 - 04:43 PM

I didn't have any Case garden tractors, but I always wanted a big 444, 446, or 448, Wellllllll, I was perusing craigslist last night when I hit refresh, and what do you know, these two Cases came up for 875.00 about 40 miles away. I called the guy and told him I would be there at 8 am to pick them up. I was running late due to the start of a 8-10 inch snow fall starting about the time I left this morning, great. We get there and both have decks, I don't even measure them, one has a nice snowplow, not real big maybe 42 inches. We agree on a snow day special of 800 for the pair with the decks and blade. The guy starts them up and we drive them from his back yard which is slightly smaller than my barn, to my trailer, he assures me they wont fit in by 6x10 trailer, I tell him, like hell they wont. We had to drive 30mph all the way back, near white out conditions, but now I have two more tractors and Case 444's at that. Technically ones a Ingersoll, but I ain't splitting hairs. I'll post a video in the video section

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF1187..JPG
  • DSCF1189..JPG
  • DSCF1188..jpg
  • DSCF1190..JPG

#2 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted March 20, 2010 - 06:08 PM

Man those things got big rear tires and I can't believe you guys got snow.

#3 tractormike ONLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted March 20, 2010 - 06:12 PM

I would say you better watch out for the cops to come knocking at your door because you made a steal of a deal there! I would think 800.00 would be a deal for one of those and you got a pair of them. GREAT DEAL is what I'm trying to say, good for you!

#4 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted March 20, 2010 - 06:26 PM

I would say you better watch out for the cops to come knocking at your door because you made a steal of a deal there! I would think 800.00 would be a deal for one of those and you got a pair of them. GREAT DEAL is what I'm trying to say, good for you!

You aren't kidding.......man what a deal! That Ingersol can't be all that old! They have 16" rims. Not sure of the tire height.

#5 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted March 20, 2010 - 06:28 PM

Hey Mike, is that an engine on that trailer? Lister Petter?? Hard to make it out.

#6 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 20, 2010 - 06:57 PM

What a deal! That fella didn't know what he had... for sure. Fantastic catch!!!

#7 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,077 Thanks
  • 1,446 posts

Posted March 20, 2010 - 07:32 PM

And only 40 miles away ,heck thats like being almost in your backyard.Very nice,deals like that don't happen very often,good for you.Larry

#8 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 20, 2010 - 08:48 PM

Hey Mike, is that an engine on that trailer? Lister Petter?? Hard to make it out.

I have no idea about the engine, the guy put it on the trailer with the snow blade, never said what it was from. While I was buying these two out from every garden tractor nut within 100 miles I missed a Allis B10 for 150.00 5 miles away. I had three phone calls from my collector buddies telling me I beat them to this find. There calling me the "Stalker", lol

#9 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 20, 2010 - 08:51 PM

Still looking at a old Gilson 16 hp hydro in OKC for 200, and a real nice JD316 for 850 in KC, I missed the little RF 110 couldn't justify 850.00 for it, when the Case and Ingersolls were less for both. You guys do know I rob banks to get the money for garden tractor, right, lol

#10 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 23, 2010 - 11:22 PM

The Case Ingersoll is in great shape, she runs fast and strong, very funny sound with the Hy-driv. the Case needs a dip stick, got one, and a battery, bought six the other day. I'm going to hook up the snow plow and put the decks in the barn with the others. I have no idea when I will start back to restoring and stop buying, I think I need professional help

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF1201..JPG
  • DSCF1200..jpg
  • DSCF1202..JPG

#11 pulltilbroke OFFLINE  

pulltilbroke

MMMMmmmm DIESEL

• Contributor
  • Member No: 50
  • 469 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted March 24, 2010 - 12:22 AM

Holy crap, tractormike is right you stole those!

Yes it is an addiction, on a similar note me and the old man did find a 65(I think) Case 190 with the 8.00-16s for 200$ with a locked up motor, the tractor was very straight and will be an easy resto

#12 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 24, 2010 - 05:41 AM

WOW! Great deal.

#13 Big John OFFLINE  

Big John

• Member No: 1450
  • 21 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 11:43 AM

U really did score on those 444's, hooligan!!! I was scrounging the internet for 2 Cases
with 2 spd. rears when I found this forum & found out my Bush Hog JBI was fairly Rare.
Yesterday I scored a horiz. opposed 2 cyl. Kohler in pretty fair shape in return for doing
some machine work for it's owner. I am going to see if it will fit my MF14 which has a
bad motor. I was hunting the Cases to build an articulated tractor.They are 1 of the
easiest to use for that because U don't need any drive shafts or U-joints. Since U got
2 , maybe thats what U could do.