jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 07:41 PM

I'm looking at possibly buying one of these that has sat for a couple years after the owner upgraded to a Deere. Does anyone know anything about this model (positives/negatives/etc.) and does anyone have an owners or tech manual for one handy?

Thank you!

image.jpeg
  • maritzayy1, maxinems1 and normangf69 have said thanks

#2 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 08:39 PM

I do not know a lot about them, other than they are a good machine. There are a lot of machines in the county.
There is a Dealer in Sully, Ia. called Hackert Sales and Service. They were one of the oldest and largest Dealers for Hydra Mac.
If I could buy one right I would not hesitate, since Hackert is only 15 miles away and have parts.
I know they bought out the Factories inventory of decals and are the world wide parts distributor. I do know I have never been by their lot that they did not have several Hydra Macs for sale. They might have the manuals.

One other thought, Hydra Mac built the early Gehl machines.

Edited by JD DANNELS, March 23, 2016 - 08:59 PM.

• jdslednut said thank you

#3 Kurtee OFFLINE  

Kurtee

• Member No: 7561
  • 463 Thanks
  • 415 posts

Posted March 24, 2016 - 05:53 PM

That one was most likely sold new by Plass Sales in Bird Island. To listen to George, Mighty Mac was the best available. George was a farmer who got into implement sales. Sold Ford tractors and several short lines including the Hydra-Mac products. George is gone and the business is closed now.