• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 JohnWR ONLINE  

JohnWR
  • Member No: 34556
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 08:42 PM

Looks like you could rotate the muffler any direction you want on this. It was upright when I bought it, I rotated it 90° forward like it originally came. I'd like to get the OE tip to dress it back up a bit.

I'll remember to give it plenty of glow time. It's mostly going to be a summer machine, very doubtful I'll try to use it for anything in the winter.

You need one of these i installed mine today this thing makes starting this beast a breeze.

http://www.ebay.com/...c24&pid=100102

• RAJ said thank you

#32 RAJ ONLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • Member No: 40
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 08:50 PM

I was told the starter had already been replaced with a gear reduction unit, along with a separate solenoid for the glow plugs. It turns over plenty easy and always fires but when it's cold needs a little extra cranking to keep the engine running until it can take off on its own, usually about 10 seconds . I made an exhaust tip out of an old kitchen drainpipe I replaced a couple months ago, it looks pretty nice actually and will work fine until I get around to buying an OE tip. I put on some 23x10.50 Carlisle super lugs I had and also Carlisle ribs for the front. Only thing I'm still deciding on is a seat. I know the original style seat is still available but I'm thinking something else might look nicer.
c68b35f46bb3807f80610acad40b045a.jpg3360f54d7faf1a2df431d79066c7cd78.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  • KennyP, EricR and aagitch have said thanks

#33 aagitch OFFLINE  

aagitch
  • Member No: 81045
  • 105 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 04:02 PM

Very nice!!!

• RAJ said thank you

#34 RAJ ONLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 11:30 AM

I mowed a few acres with it for the first time last weekend found that the deck is not super convenient to mount, the steering definitely has room for improvement and dusty conditions requires extra care to keep the radiator clear in order to prevent overheating. I had to stop a few times to blow out debris. I am still somewhat battling the dirty fuel system also and running it nearly dry of fuel did not help the situation. I am the only one to blame for that and it shouldn't be an issue once I fix it properly.

Although it would not be a good tractor for an inexperienced operator, it has plenty of power to run a 50" deck in heavy grass and left a nice cut even with semi-dull blades. Overall, it's a very stout and capable tractor well suited for an enthusiast. I wouldn't mind finding a 60" Haban deck for it someday, or even a newer Super Cub Cadet diesel.
866e0c775d1e6a8715f6e7d3efe2e439.jpg

• Mark 149 J. said thank you

#35 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,406 Thanks
  • 1,540 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 11:40 AM

Yeah the decks on the 782 aren't very easy to remove and install, we usually unhook everything, insert short boards between the rear tires and deck and actually slowly drive over the deck!  

• RAJ said thank you

#36 RAJ ONLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 02:45 PM

Yeah the decks on the 782 aren't very easy to remove and install, we usually unhook everything, insert short boards between the rear tires and deck and actually slowly drive over the deck!

I thought of driving over it but in the process of trying to slide the deck under it, I got it wedged. Maybe I'll try that next time. Dayton King said he jacks up the front end. Either way would work better I'm sure.

• adamjd200 and Dayton_King have said thanks

#37 aagitch OFFLINE  

aagitch
  • Member No: 81045
  • 105 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted May 04, 2016 - 04:15 PM

Did you try turning the tires as you slide it under?  I've not had an issue with that.  If need be I'd jack the front up like you mentioned.  The 60"haban will only work with a super.  It won't fit under the regular sized gt.

• RAJ said thank you

#38 RAJ ONLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted May 07, 2016 - 07:06 PM

Did you try turning the tires as you slide it under? I've not had an issue with that. If need be I'd jack the front up like you mentioned. The 60"haban will only work with a super. It won't fit under the regular sized gt.

I realized that about the haban after I mentioned that. The shorter frame tractor would probably not work.

I did try turning the front wheels but the front roller was getting caught. The rear tires are probably slightly wider than the original turf tires, and the rims also may have a slightly wider offset. I'm sure it only made it more difficult but the whole process definitely requires some finesse.