#1 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 08:27 AM

We are expecting freezing rain, rain and a lot of snow from 6pm tonight to 8pm Thursday in Northern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula. National Weather Service is reporting a possible accumulation of up to 18" of wet heavy snow. Took the plates and insurance off the plow truck last week, but did not pull the blower off the Jacobsen. Will have to try to blow this snow or use the neighbors Kubota with the bucket if it get to that. Batten down the hatches boys it could be a bit of rough sailin here in mid and Northern Michigan for the next couple of days. Stay safe, stay warm ,and for those of you not affected sit back, have a beverage and enjoy the show.                                                                                                                                                         Roger.

springsnowstorm.PNG

• KennyP, Traill95, EricR and 3 others have said thanks

#2 det12187 OFFLINE  

det12187
  • Member No: 75145
  • 23 Thanks
  • 40 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 08:33 AM

I hear ya, expecting alot less in the Tricities area, stupid Michigan weather...........

• hamman said thank you

#3 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 08:56 AM

I am a fair piece SW of you. They are predicting around an inch here. But up to a foot in Northern Iowa.
These late snows can be unpredictable so I will not know what to think till it gets here.
If it tracks different from their predictions we could get a load?
!973 we got an April storm that snowed us in for 3 days, there were drifts through road cuts over 20 ft deep. But the Ford is full of fuel and ready to go, started it yesterday and graded the lane.
  • hamman said thank you

#4 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,123 Thanks
  • 3,208 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 08:57 AM

Were gettin it too on Friday. So much for an early spring.

Noel
  • hamman said thank you

#5 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 09:30 AM

Glad it's all North of here!

• hamman said thank you

#6 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 09:57 AM

I am a fair piece SW of you. They are predicting around an inch here. But up to a foot in Northern Iowa.
These late snows can be unpredictable so I will not know what to think till it gets here.
If it tracks different from their predictions we could get a load?
!973 we got an April storm that snowed us in for 3 days, there were drifts through road cuts over 20 ft deep. But the Ford is full of fuel and ready to go, started it yesterday and graded the lane.

I was living in Wyoming working for a Sheriffs Department in 1984 and on April 21st we got 22" of snow in 14 hours. Drifts and blowing snow shut down a few roads , and in our county the weather and road conditions were a part of 5 traffic deaths that day. Mother Nature says when winter is done and only she knows.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#7 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 10:15 AM

I think the latest reports here in SE Wis. It will mostly be north of us.. Time will tell.. Until then,, stay safe and hunker down...  Just remember,  Spring  IS  coming... :rolling:

• hamman said thank you

#8 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 11:34 AM

It will give us some snow, freezing rain (the second batch this week) and mostly rain on Good Friday.

• hamman and propane1 have said thanks

#9 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 03:19 PM

KEEP IT UP THERE!!!

• hamman said thank you

#10 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 889 Thanks
  • 496 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 03:29 PM

I'm below the freezing line.  Only rain for us.

• hamman said thank you

#11 Bill 76 ONLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,060 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 04:06 PM

I think the latest reports here in SE Wis. It will mostly be north of us.. Time will tell.. Until then,, stay safe and hunker down...  Just remember,  Spring  IS  coming... :rolling:

I'm about 40 miles north of you and we are only supposed to get about an inch at most but the central part of the state might get pounded . 

• hamman said thank you

#12 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 06:31 PM

What?  Rain and 50's and 60's for NE Indiana for next few days.  Spring still HERE!  When in High School, went to Florida with band. Was nice and warm. Rode back on buses for 24 hrs in shorts and light stuff. Got home to WI and 6" snow storm raging, everyone running to warm cars of parents and such, no clothes with them on the bus.  This was May 5, 73.    THAT was a late blaster!

• hamman said thank you

#13 Eric ONLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 1,002 Thanks
  • 678 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 07:04 PM

I am an hour north of the dell's and it's snowing here, possibly 8 to 10 inches but radar looks like it may Peter out on us! We will see, blew the shear pin on the blower and haven't gotten a new one so only time will tell.
  • hamman said thank you

#14 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted March 25, 2016 - 01:15 PM

Well mother nature gave us her best the last two days. Wednesday evening it started to snow at about 8:45pm and it didn't stop until this morning at aprox. 4 :30. All in all we got about 15" here where we only had piled banks fro the winter. The wife and I shoveled and blew the drive this morning go it done about 12:30pm. No pictures because I am still having problems with the internet speed I guess. Hopefully this is the last hurrah for mother nature so we can get into spring and get the yard ready for summer. Some places around us got up to 18" of snow. Hope you have had a good week and a great Good Friday. Happy Easter and enjoy spring.                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Roger

• EricR and propane1 have said thanks