#16 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 12:19 PM

I see I am not alone in some ways.

Maybe the problem is beer in general its the brand's I try drinking..hmm..

Probably not going to go searching for a beer I like.  I honestly don't miss drinking, I haven't been "drunk" for probably 3 years.  Probably only had a "buzz" twice in those 3 years.  The last time I drank a beer was a coronra with a twist of lime in it a few months ago.  Honestly that ONE bottle had me feeling a little light headed.

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#17 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 12:28 PM

I always enjoy trying new beers I like to broaden my taste. When my buddy comes over he brings miller highlife with him. Eww. Just dont like the taste of it. I have fallen in love with Not your fathers root beer. It tastes like root beer but has some spices in it and some vanilla and a little bit of alcohol in it. I love it.

#18 bh115577 ONLINE  

bh115577
  • Member No: 9791
  • 434 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 12:55 PM

Love the taste of beer and seem to enjoy it more every year. But then again, I've got 3 daughters (the 2 sons rarely make me thirsty) so maybe I never really stood a chance.

#19 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 950 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 01:12 PM

I enjoy craft beers, just about any of the local stuff. Flavour is the big attraction. I don't drink a lot of beer( by my standards) as there must also be room on the table for my Scotch and of course wine at dinner. I don't drink at all during the work week and good thing Im back to work but being off for 3 1/2 months don't think I missed a cocktail hour.

Big name brand beer is barely palatable as it lacks flavour and is watered down for a select market.

one of our local craft beers

http://sleepinggiant...ews/year-round/

#20 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,475 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 02:32 PM

Can't stand the stuff.  Could never figure out what all the fuss was about that made people drink it till they were drunk.  To each their own I guess.

• jpackard56, David Brown and oldedeeres have said thanks

#21 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 03:31 PM

Used to drink any and all beer, because it was beer. Now I'm in my 50's and only two are still palatable, PBR in a bottle or Rolling Rock. All the rest are disgusting!

• Bill 76 said thank you

#22 Little Irish Men OFFLINE  

Little Irish Men
  • Member No: 61934
  • 664 Thanks
  • 386 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 03:38 PM

Put it this way" Beer My one true friend " That's  says it all . for me this is cutting in to my beer drinking time .

Patrick . 

• TheFarm2004 and Bill 76 have said thanks

#23 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,645 Thanks
  • 1,059 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 03:38 PM

I drink four cans of Pabst a day whether I need em or not , just my way of ending the day.And never ice cold - it ruins the taste just ask any good German brewmeister . My bil had some craft beers that tasted like apple and pumpkin I couldn't drink the crap. 

I do have one rule that I live by -- when that first can gets popped open the car keys stay in my pocket.

In my younger days I had some buddies that went by 24 bottles in a case--24 hours in the day theory.  :beer:

• TheFarm2004 said thank you

#24 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 05:10 PM

Never acquired a taste for beer....my dad loved the stuff. 

• oldedeeres said thank you

#25 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 06:44 PM

Not big fan, drink little. Have mostly Bud's. Family wants Milller.  I like small brew types, just had Blue Moon yesterday and is different, thicker, sweeter.  Have had some flavor, like strawberry or black cherry stuff, not fan of the apple flavors.  Like mixed drinks better, a little Royal Crown and such, but never get drunk anymore. Think biggest thing that attracts young drinkers is just the fact you can give  yourself sensations easily just drinking something and be a fool or do dumn stuff and have excuse then that it was the drink.  I'm older now and everything has tasted different, from drinks to cereal and candy. NOthing tastes like it used to. I used to claim they changed them and ruined them, but probly just ME, not the product.

#26 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 06:51 PM

Just had 3 with my supper (pizza).

I like it, but I don't have a problem, and no, I am not in denial!

• Bill 76 said thank you

#27 EricR ONLINE  

EricR
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9495
  • 393 Thanks
  • 278 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 07:10 PM

I like to have one every once and a while, now but back 25 years ago that was a different story. 

Now that I'm in my mid forties and 2 kids and a CDL, I'm more of the family man....

#28 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• Member No: 6470
  • 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 07:15 PM

I like the dark beers but I'll try any of them. I didn't start drinking until I got married and I have to say that I didn't care for beer at first. I worked with a fellow that would always bring me a bottle or two of different stuff and he'd always say " You gotta try this, you'll love it." I figured out what I liked and what I didn't over time. I can't imagine ever losing a taste for beer. I'm not big on anything real hoppy and the lite beers don't do anything for me. My favorite right now is Mich Amberbock. Goes down real easy and tastes great with any meal.

• TheFarm2004 said thank you

#29 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,464 Thanks
  • 39,695 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 07:16 PM

Can't say I like the taste of beer, but can't stand sweet pop after a bit!

#30 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,509 Thanks
  • 3,387 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 07:41 PM

Back in the late 70's we use to go to a place and hang out, we got pitchers of half and half, half Miller Lite, half Lowenbrau dark. It was actually good.