Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Who all runs some type of warning lights on thier GT?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted March 22, 2016 - 05:47 PM

Lets see your set ups of what you use for warning lights on your GT.  I have seen a few pics of various strobe/beacon mounts, twin fender mounted amber hazard flashers like a farm tractor would sport ect.   Safety is paramount, espicaly in the darker winter months when plowing/blowing snow.  I am setting my John Deere 318 up with a 5x7 Hobbs flood lamp on the right fender facing rearwards for night time plow days and as a reverse.  Then on the right fender I will have one of the teardrop shaped amber rotating light as used on JD's big farm tractors.  It will have a mount bolted to the fender, the beacon can be removed when not needed and the mount capped.  The electrical connection is made thru the mount.  Its made by Hella, a very well known brand.   I have ran xenon strobes before, but the flash back off falling snow, signs ect, got annoying.  The revolving light is a bit easier on my eyes.  I have done the normal alum duct tape treatment to my stock headlights and the 318 has both stock tail lights as well.  My tractor is down down at the moment, so no pics yet.  Lets see your set ups.   Mike

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,397 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted March 22, 2016 - 05:56 PM

Sometime back I posted a pic of the yellow beacon light I have! Not enough 'winter' here to warrant it though!

#3 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted March 22, 2016 - 06:41 PM

I am getting mounts for both my 318 and a right angle mount for the driver's side of my pickup. I storm spot for the NWS, and a nice quick attach light is handy.  No trying to stick the mag mount strobe out the back window or passenger side door and have rain run in on the power cord.  I do find times I want the beacon year round on the GT.  Mike

• Alc and KennyP have said thanks

#4 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,696 Thanks
  • 8,890 posts

Posted March 22, 2016 - 09:45 PM

I have an LED light facing back, it is pointed down as not to blind folks.

image.jpg
  • Alc said thank you

#5 Chevy2racr OFFLINE  

Chevy2racr
  • Member No: 81648
  • 26 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted March 22, 2016 - 10:37 PM

e3d57235b03e2ad690299ba26a3f64fd.jpg

Can see my lights front and rear and for fun have a strobe on top like this

http://pages.ebay.co...5049295&alt=web
  • Alc and jpackard56 have said thanks

#6 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,144 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 04:52 AM

None.  Couple tractor don't have working head lights.  Living out in the country and not running on the road don't have any need for them.  Don't work at night any more either.  If I can't get it done in daylight I guess it will wait till tomorrow or it won't get done.

• Alc and Paulgo have said thanks

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,254 Thanks
  • 28,603 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 06:51 AM

I have a rear headlight on the Snow Blower at the farm.
Have to go out to the mailbox, do the intersection some, etc.

At the house, I have used a rotating light. I should, but I haven't lately. I just watch really well for the other guy and try to do as much as possible in daytime with the lights on.

#8 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 09:22 AM

I added a couple "warning lamps" to Old Girl's dash.

One lamp connectes to the starter to tell me that the solonoid is truely disenguaged. I had an issue with a brand new solonoid sticking and needed a way to know it has disenguaged. Lamp comes on while cranking, and off when running.

Another "warning lamp" tells me that the parking brake is set. Unlike the Craftamans where the park brake disenguages when the clutch is pressed, Old Girl has a seperate lever that I was constantly forgeting to release. I added a small micro switch to the lever, so now when the lever is up a lamp is lit on the dash.

I guess these are not the warning lamps the OP was asking for, but they are warning lamps in my mind.