wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted April 10, 2016 - 04:20 PM

Looks like you are stayign busy. 

Marfans runs on my ex wife's side of the family. Two of my kids, Jared and Allison, have it. it is not a death sentence you just have to be mindful of it and be careful straining at things. the ex FIL tore his aorta and had to have a stint put in. 

• bbuckler said thank you

#47 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • Member No: 59269
  • 2,079 Thanks
  • 1,885 posts

Posted April 10, 2016 - 06:14 PM

I would keep this push mower but I don't need 2 since most of the mowing get done with a riding mower. I mowed the front yard with before I listed for sale. If tomorrow is like last Monday I will be busy I know I got a bunch of part orders coming in tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_2490.JPG

• Sawdust said thank you

#48 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted April 10, 2016 - 06:20 PM

I have a Poulan/Weedeater string mower light that one. It came with a 4hp techumseh that self destructed. I put an 8hp kholer on it. it is a beast now. Doesn't bog down at all. It will snatch the string out of the head though. 

• bbuckler said thank you

#49 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • 2,079 Thanks
  • 1,885 posts

Posted April 10, 2016 - 07:02 PM

I have a Poulan/Weedeater string mower light that one. It came with a 4hp techumseh that self destructed. I put an 8hp kholer on it. it is a beast now. Doesn't bog down at all. It will snatch the string out of the head though. 

It so much easier trimming the thick stuff with one

• UncleWillie said thank you

#50 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • 2,079 Thanks
  • 1,885 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 04:19 PM

$200 worth of parts in but it to darn muggy to do anything and It supposed to storm all week.

#51 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • 2,079 Thanks
  • 1,885 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 06:41 PM

I sold the john deere push mower yesterday got a $100. It been slow so far this week last week it was busy.

I got the Dixon's new fuel tank bushing in , new fuel pump and a new battery and then I mowed the pasture.

#52 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • 2,079 Thanks
  • 1,885 posts

Posted April 13, 2016 - 09:54 PM

Still slow I guess the rain has been the cause. I got another dixon today but it in bad shape so I think I will part it out. 

I got a follow up with the heart dr tomorrow at 3 hopefully some good news. 

• UncleWillie and Sawdust have said thanks

#53 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • 2,079 Thanks
  • 1,885 posts

Posted April 13, 2016 - 11:45 PM

Let see how long it takes to get flagged

http://killeen.craig...5538343444.html

Attached Thumbnails

• New Bitmap Image (2).jpg

#54 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • 2,079 Thanks
  • 1,885 posts

Posted April 14, 2016 - 09:59 AM

I got a email telling me my rates are to high and they are a RN and don't make $50/HR. First off most repairs only take a hour or less Second off I have to pay taxes and Third off they can take it to another shop and pay $80/hr :mad2:

#55 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted April 14, 2016 - 12:57 PM

What people don't consider is, I imagine, you don't make much if any off of parts.  You have to pay for your building, tools, other supplies, insurances and taxes with your hourly rate. 

They get paid say 20 an hour to be an RN, their only expense to work is gas to get there. 

It's easy for me to say, I wouldn't pay 50 dollars an hour for someone to wrench on my tractor.  I wouldn't, but I am fully capable of doing my own repairs.  If I didn't know anything about anything mechanical I probably wouldn't complain about 50 dollars an hour.

Edited by toomanytoys84, April 14, 2016 - 12:58 PM.

• Bolens 1000 and bbuckler have said thanks

#56 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • 2,079 Thanks
  • 1,885 posts

Posted April 14, 2016 - 03:50 PM

All my test came back ok my heart is in good shape.

• oldedeeres and Sawdust have said thanks

#57 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted April 14, 2016 - 04:03 PM

What people don't consider is, I imagine, you don't make much if any off of parts.  You have to pay for your building, tools, other supplies, insurances and taxes with your hourly rate. 

They get paid say 20 an hour to be an RN, their only expense to work is gas to get there. 

It's easy for me to say, I wouldn't pay 50 dollars an hour for someone to wrench on my tractor.  I wouldn't, but I am fully capable of doing my own repairs.  If I didn't know anything about anything mechanical I probably wouldn't complain about 50 dollars an hour.

Exactly , they never factor in shop supplies like electric,gas,oil,taxes,ect. They think your pocketing the $50, Now that you are a legit business thats actually a really good rate! Shops get around $60-$80 here + parts

As for the low life's not much you can do this lawn and garden industry is a cut throat business these days.

I mainly sell parts but experience the same things you do with people copying me and setting the price a few dollars lower after I go through all the work explaining what the part fits they copy and paste my description.

Dont stoop to their level, keep your integrity and maintain your prices, once you build a reputation you will be set. one quote that has always stuck with me from a dealer is "A discount is soon forgotten, A good service is long remembered"

• bbuckler and 29 Chev have said thanks

#58 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted April 14, 2016 - 05:26 PM

I had a guy complainign that I buy scrap for less than market value and then sell it for market value. I told him if he didn't like my price he was welcome to load his scrap metal up in his Mercedes and take it to the yard himself. He stopped complaining. 

• Bolens 1000 and bbuckler have said thanks

#59 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted April 14, 2016 - 06:36 PM

I had a guy complainign that I buy scrap for less than market value and then sell it for market value. I told him if he didn't like my price he was welcome to load his scrap metal up in his Mercedes and take it to the yard himself. He stopped complaining.

Apparently that guy is a moron...

#60 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • 2,079 Thanks
  • 1,885 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 08:53 AM

Working in the mud today got to finish a riding mower and a guy is bringing to more also still waiting for the call from Fort Hood with the ok to start on theirs