Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations Now Being Accepted for Featured Tractor of the Month for June 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#16 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 12:12 PM

I agree with the 12 month rule, but then again, I have more than 12 tractors lol.

#17 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,189 Thanks
  • 5,212 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 12:35 PM

I agree with the 12 month rule, but then again, I have more than 12 tractors lol.

Ha, I have over 40 bolens.

#18 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 01:32 PM

Awh, man! I really want to enter my Massey in this but I know I did it months ago... Massey invented the term lawnmotoring! I think we should change it to 6 months, a year is a long time!

~ sad forlorn little tractor that had such a good chance too! :(

Posted Image

Lee, you can renominate your tractor. The 12 month rule is for any tractor that has won featured tractor.

#19 michelle OFFLINE  

michelle

Tractorholic by Marriage

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1655
  • 331 Thanks
  • 303 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 01:51 PM

This Bolens 1250 was one of Adam's first "big" Bolens. He purchased it from Dale, a guy he has learned quite a bit from since he got into this hobby.
Posted Image

Adam was determined to get it running and working because of the more sentimental value it had since he purchased it from Dale. As of now, it's our main "grass cutting tractor" until the HT-20 is ready to go.

The details: It's a 1967 Bolens 1250 with a 12 hp Wisconsin engine. Below it sits a 48" mowing deck.

At one point it will be nice to do a full-restore on this tractor like we did on the 1050, but for now it is nice to use it - even if Adam insists on leaving that stack on it!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN2945.jpg
  • DSCN2950.jpg

#20 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 02:45 PM

Ha, I have over 40 bolens.

I just counted the riders, I have over 40 of all brands/sizes including 1, 2, 3, and 4 wheel tractors lol.

#21 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 07:29 PM

Awh, man! I really want to enter my Massey in this but I know I did it months ago... Massey invented the term lawnmotoring! I think we should change it to 6 months, a year is a long time!

~ sad forlorn little tractor that had such a good chance too! :(

Posted Image

Great picture.

#22 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,447 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 08:05 PM

I would like to nominate my 1957 David Bradley Tri-Trac.
My grandfather bought it from the original owner around 1960 , it came with a single bottom plow , disc harrow , 2 row planter , two row cultivator , middle buster and sickle bar mower . My uncle used it to plant sweet corn in the early sixties for spending money. It was also used to cut fields. Later it was just used to plow my grandfather’s garden. When my grandfather passed away I asked my grandmother if she would sell it to me but just gave it to me . That was in 1994 , I only used it a few times , driving it around the yard and one tractor show then it sat and only ran once until this past year . The gas tank and carb. needed cleaning to get running. Today was the only time I have used it for work , cutting the small section of winter wheat that was used as a cover crop where the sweet potatoes where planted . It’s all original including the tires. About the tractor: They where built by David Bradley and sold through Sears between 1954-1957 (have seen 1953 listed so I’m not really sure which is the correct starting date ) It has a 6hp Wisconsin engine with a variable speed pulley system a forward and reverse transmission on the single 7.50x16 rear wheel . The front axle is adjustable between 48”to 72”tread width in 4” increments on 4:00x12 tires. There are some interesting things about these tractors when the steering wheel is turned it articulates some to help turn and there is a draft adjusting crank located at the steering box that’s used to compensate when working on hillsides , adjusting furrow width and mower swath. It has a hand clutch & throttle and a footbrake. V belt for rear attachments. The middle buster , planter ,cultivator ,are mounted to the front axle ( also available was a bulldozer , V snow plow , and three gang mower which also attached to the front axle) .If you look close between the 2 picture you can see the draft crank turned.

P1080020.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• P1080023.jpg
  • P1080021.jpg
  • P1080025.jpg
  • P1080018.jpg
  • P1080024.jpg
  • P1080026.jpg
  • P1080027.jpg

#23 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted May 08, 2011 - 10:19 AM

murray restoreation 008.jpg

This is my 1978 murray 11/36 gt. This tractor was given to me 2 years ago from a friend. When I got it, it was covered in rust and the carb was shot. It took a long time to get it to run. Once I got it running It leaked a lot of oil and had many blown seals. So my dad and I pulled it appart and restored it. It took over 5 months to complete and a lot of hard work. But when it was done it was beautiful.

That winter I spent so mutch time on the seat plowing snow it was unbelivable. The tractor held up great and worked amazing. The murray is also used for pulling loggs, hauling firewood, giving tractor rides, and goin to shows.

Attached Thumbnails

• murray restoreation 009.jpg
  • murray restoreation 004.jpg
  • murray restoreation 007.jpg
  • murray restoreation 006.jpg
  • murray restoreation 005.jpg

#24 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 08, 2011 - 11:34 AM

Uh, 1978murray, I hate to tell you, but this month's theme is mowing and I don't see any type of mowing apparatus on your Murray in those pics. Other than that it is a great looking tractor, throw a deck on it and you'll be good to go in this month. (There are other months too, so don't worry.)

#25 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted May 08, 2011 - 03:12 PM

yea I kinda for got to read that part on the forum until after entering opps, I will get pics up of it with a mower on her soon

#26 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 08:43 PM

Well since not many nominations so far and to try to encourage other people to nominate there tractors I'd thought I'd nominate my Randsomes T3100 Bobcat 3 wheeler grass cutter.

First time I saw this was back when I worked at the landscapers, it had a brand new engine on it and wasn't really being used very much as they got there first zero turn rider, the owner sold it to his brother in law and when it was delivered the hyd transaxle failed. It was removed and rebuilt, the bil used it to cut a 1 acre lot for 3 yrs and then I bought it off of him for what he paid for it $1500.
I have had this thing for 7, 8 yrs now and it takes me 6hrs to cut all my grass once a week. 18hp B&S opposed vert shaft twin, 60" 3 blade cutting deck, it moves about 5mph and could use more power, cutting heavy grass while going uphill really loads up the motor. I run synthetic oil and it doesn't burn any, can go the whole season without adding any oil. Aside from electrical problems many bad connections, blades and a set of tires it has been a reliable work horse, my main grass cutter.

T3100 001.jpg

If you zoom in on the last pic you can see it on top if the hill.

Attached Thumbnails

• T3100 002.jpg
  • T3100 004.jpg

#27 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 12, 2011 - 05:50 AM

Get them nominations in while you can. We will start voting by Sunday. 1978 Murray you will have till Sunday to get a pic of your tractor with a mower deck or we won't be able to include it in the nominations.

#28 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 12, 2011 - 06:29 AM

Yes,the middle of the month is almost upon us.

#29 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,399 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted May 12, 2011 - 07:17 AM

IF things go good Saturday, I may put the deck on the Cub 108 and get some pics to enter it. But, it is a big IF.

#30 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted May 12, 2011 - 07:48 AM

With this month featuring mowers, you have inspired me to enter my "Beast" because mowing is all it is designed to do.

This is a 1975 Toro Groundsmaster.

Posted Image

The front mounted mowing deck is 88 inch wide and has 5-blades .
It is a mulching deck so it doesn't throw grass clippings all over.

Posted Image

The deck has a wing on each side that can be raised and lowered by a hydraulic cylinder.
You can mow with just one side or the other raised up ...

Posted Image

Or you can mow with both sides raised up for getting thru tighter places.
The blade on the wing does not rotate when in the up position.

Posted Image

The whole deck can also be raised up.

Posted Image

This has a hydrostatic transmission and is driven by the front wheels.
The steering wheels are on the back and they are able to turn very sharply.

Posted Image

This steering allows the tractor to rotate around itself much like a zero turn mower ( note the position of the caster wheels as the tractor turns ).

Posted Image

The engine is a water cooled, 3-cylinder diesel.

Posted Image