Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations Now Being Accepted for Featured Tractor of the Month for June 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 01, 2011 - 11:02 AM

We are now taking nominations for featured tractor of the month for June 2011. The theme for this month now that mowing season is here, the theme is "Lawnmotoring". Which means your tractor must be in it's mowing attire.

I also can't emphasize enough to please provide at least 2 paragraphs for the description of you tractor. Your tractor is going to be featured on the front page of GTtalk, this is your chance to shine and let everyone know about your tractor.

Here are the rules:

• Tractor being nominated must not have been a featured in the last 12 months.
  • Please give at least a two paragraph description to tell us about your tractor.
  • You need 2 photos attached to your post as attachments, not linked from another site, the year make and model, and a brief description of your history with the tractor and what you use it for most.

We will accept up to 10 nominations, this thread will be closed after the 10th nomination. Once 10 nominations are made we will start a new thread for the voting. Voting will run to the end of the current month and on the 1st of the following month the winner will be featured on the GTtalk Home Page and in our Featured Tractors section.

Rules subject to change to better work for everyone. Good luck!

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 07:17 PM

I forgot to open the thread to allow nominations. Anyway let the nominating begin.

#3 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 07:22 PM

How do we nominate if we don't have mowing deck on the one we want to nominate lol.

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 07:24 PM

How do we nominate if we don't have mowing deck on the one we want to nominate lol.

Sounds like you better get busy :D

#5 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 07:25 PM

Sounds like you better get busy :D

Does a tow behind mower count? lol

#6 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 07:37 PM

Does a tow behind mower count? lol

3pt yes, tow behind no LOL.

#7 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 07:44 PM

3pt yes, tow behind no LOL.

Then what is next month's theme? lol

#8 matts OFFLINE  

matts

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2175
  • 48 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 07:45 PM

I would like to add my John Deer 265.

I had purchased a 2011 model John Deere tractor from a big box store. It felt cheap. So I sold it off. I decided I would wait for a better machine. I found the 285 on Craigs List within minutes of selling mine. It was a running machine when I bought it, so there wasnt alot of things to do to it. I brought her home and started tinkering. She did come with a 30 inch mechanical tiller which sweetened the deal alot for me.

Since I got her, she has had all the fluids and filters changed. Also the plugs were replaced. I rebuilt the deck out of boredom. At that time it got all new belts ( including for the tiller), bearings, blades, guage wheels, and new idler pulleys. I also put a full set of new tires on her, and purchased a set of ags for when the tiller goes on. The machine has at this point 1746 hours on it. It was made in 1989. The tractor and tiller were both originaly sold within 5 miles of my home. She has performed perfectly for me since day one. I hope to get many years of use from it. There is a paint job in her future, but for now Im ok with her looks. As they say its not the years its the miles!DSCN0333.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0334.jpg
  • DSCN0336.jpg

#9 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,193 Thanks
  • 5,213 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 10:37 PM

I nominate old blue the Bolens that’s started my Bolens collection. In 1971 my uncle’s father in law purchased this 1886-01 at J.R. sales in Owosso, Mi with a 54” deck, tiller, blade, 3 point, and disk. She was given to my uncle years later and he used it all year long till he finally made a deal with my father after the engine had blow up to give it to him to fix and use. My dad was the guy who kept it running all the years my uncle had it.

Dad put a new 20HP short block kohler in place of the original 18HP engine that blown up, it was also repainted blue when dad was replacing the engine. Since then we have used it for just about any thing from tilling to being the weekly mower at the house it was also the first bolens I learned to use. She was why I got my first 1886 and start my own Bolens collection that has turned into over 40 Bolens with 11 of them being 1886’s. Some day she will get passed down to me and hopefully will last the rest of my lifetime and more.

bolens 004.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• l 005.jpg

#10 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 10:22 PM

I am going to enter my 1973 Elec Trak E20 this month, using pictures taken by the one and only Nutndun, thanks. :D lol

I just bought my 1973 Elec Trak E20 on April 30th at the Cochranton Plow Day. Had a great time meeting the other members from GTTalk that were there, including the seller of my E20, Fred (Sparky). Fred really did a great job on getting the E20 ready for me, including a new old stock lift motor, a new solenoid, and rebuilding the foot control. Even made sure it was working close to stock for me. I haven't had it long but already know a little about it, and mabey Fred will chime in and add to what I say.

If I remember right Fred told me that the manufacture date of this E20 was near the end of the GE era of the Elec Traks, which was October 1973. This also means it has the most modern switching and solenoiding apparatus that GE used on the Elec Traks. I know little about it myself, but my plans are simple, keep it stock and repaint it later this year, and add 23x10.5-12 Tru Powers and 4.00-8 Tri Ribs to it for cool factor. Now onto the pics taken by Nutndun. :D

E20-2.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• E20-1.jpg

#11 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted May 05, 2011 - 07:08 PM

Regarding Casey's statements- he was listening very well. My repaint in year 1990 used sunset yellow which was available from Central Tractor as it was known then. I have since developed a severe allergic reaction to the pigment yellow #7. So itwas a little easy and a little hard to part with it. New brushes wer installed in drive motor while it was in use in 90's.. I am glad to help promote where I can. This E20 could last another 40 years. Since helping the other Fred win last time - Casey's at bat. So is this a conflicting statement or not , go CASEY.

#12 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 05, 2011 - 07:20 PM

Fred, Glad I passed the quick quiz lol. Like I stated, my plans are basic. Can't wait to give it the coat of paint it deserves to make it look nice. I need to work on a quick writeup of what has been done to the tractor so I don't forget lol. Would like to get the mower deck checked out and new cord on it, see if I can't get it mowing a little bit.

#13 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 05, 2011 - 07:29 PM

. Would like to get the mower deck checked out and new cord on it, see if I can't get it mowing a little bit.

Oh, so it doesn't mow now? I think the fine print says it mows, or it's in default of contest rules! :bigrofl::bigrofl: :smilewink::smilewink::smilewink::smilewink:

#14 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 05, 2011 - 07:34 PM

Oh, so it doesn't mow now? I think the fine print says it mows, or it's in default of contest rules! :bigrofl::bigrofl: :smilewink::smilewink::smilewink::smilewink:

Oh, it can mow, if you don't mind the mouse customized shock therapy session lol. Fred told me to pull the motors and inspect them before heavy usage, and change the cord before usage. I have to buy a cord end tomorrow to rewire the mower deck. You can ask Nutndun, I think he was there when Fred demonstrated the mower deck. lol

#15 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 11:21 AM

Awh, man! I really want to enter my Massey in this but I know I did it months ago... Massey invented the term lawnmotoring! I think we should change it to 6 months, a year is a long time!

~ sad forlorn little tractor that had such a good chance too! :(

Posted Image