• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 5,756 Thanks
  • 4,262 posts

Posted March 21, 2016 - 07:06 AM

Friday I ran across a listing on CL for a complete 12 X 12 overhead commercial door plus the track for a second door for $100.  23 min after listing it I bought it.  Sunday morning made the 85 + mile trip to North Omaha, NE to pick it up.  Harbor Freight is out that way and they had extended their sidewalk sale through Sunday.  Had a light duty 90 Amp wire welder marked down for $149 to $109, and with a coupon I got on line I got it for $81. Picked up a roll of wire and a few other itemsheaded back East across the River.

Was going to stop at Menard's and pick up some 2 X 6's I will need to put the door in but their parking lot was about 90% full.  Have never seen that many vehicles in that lot and have been going there off and on for 25 years.  Several had trailers, as I did and no place to park.  Drove in one side and out the other and headed for Golden Coral.  The were about as busy and shortly after we started to eat they put the sign out "Please Wait To Be Seated".   Never seen that before either but we don't go there on a Sunday usually.  Finished eating and got the H out of Dodge !  Was glad to get back to open country where we could enjoy the ride home without 500 vehicles around you and 1/2 driving like idiots.

Edited by chieffan, March 21, 2016 - 07:07 AM.

• hamman, wvbuzzmaster, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,587 Thanks
  • 38,983 posts

Posted March 21, 2016 - 07:14 AM

Sounds like some good scores there! Have fun!

• boyscout862 said thank you

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,415 Thanks
  • 4,880 posts

Posted March 21, 2016 - 07:21 AM

Every one must have gotten there taxes back and out shopping :D

I just picked up one of those 90 amp flux welders, plan to do a review on it in the tool section once I throw down a few welds. I've been reading a lot on them, seems the new model is much better than the older blue ones, but they still are an AC welder, not a true DC. DC is much better for flux core so I may get parts to convert mine.

• KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#4 Mtypython OFFLINE  

• Member No: 80530
  • 248 Thanks
  • 279 posts

Posted March 21, 2016 - 08:24 AM

I have one got it last year,my son in law is a welder and set it up for me and showed me how to run it ,he says the faster the wire speed the hotter it is, he thinks it is a good welder for light duty. Works for me i dont weld that much, can gas weld better than electric
  • boyscout862 and TAHOE have said thanks

#5 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 21, 2016 - 11:21 AM

I just bought the 110 pound media capacity portable sandblaster at harbor tool for $89 yesterday, just waiting for the temperature to get back up to 60 to use it. Great scores yourself.