• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,105 Thanks
  • 3,196 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 05:03 AM

So, how does the pto start, instant on type of control , like a electric clutch in our garden tractors. How does it work?

Noel

#32 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,406 Thanks
  • 3,156 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 05:36 AM

His turned on with a button, pull it up and the pto went on, I have seen some newer larger NH Tractors with a lever to engage. This lever would engage a clutch so it came on nice and smooth, the electric ones apply a hydraulic clutch, it comes on slower than instant, but in a heavy load app it's just not slow enough or Smooth enough. It will stall the engine at idle DOH... A finish mower seems to be fine, same for tillers and such, but heavier loads such as bush hogs or say, hay balers break them. Really a petty issue I guess in their eyes?? As this has been an issue for quite some time, even Kubota had this trouble.
The bigger, fancier tractors with cabs have an ajustment knob to ajust the ptos start. Our TS 125 NH has this, good thing too or it would ruin the driveshaft shearpins on the baler and cut- dtioner.
  • Eric and propane1 have said thanks

#33 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 561 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 05:50 AM

This one does have the electric hydraulic PTO. I was going to order a bush hog but they wanted 1400. I figured I'd grab one off craigslist for 400-600. Reading about the PTO issue I may pick up a 4' instead of a 5'.

Edited by SearsYellow, April 07, 2016 - 05:52 AM.

• propane1 said thank you

#34 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,105 Thanks
  • 3,196 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 08:00 AM

I see, I didn't know about that set up. Good to know if a person ever buys one of those tractors. The more I think about it , it takes quite a grunt for my ferguson tractor to start the 6' finish mower I have. If it was instant on, I can see how it would break things.
Very good point Keith, thanks for the info.

Noel.
  • Eric said thank you

#35 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 561 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 08:45 PM

I have to say I am majorly happy with my Boomer 24. It has exceeded all my expectations. Especially the backhoe attachment. I've dug up trees that were 6-8 inches with just one scoop of the backhoe bucket. Today I hooked up a 5' bush hog and it didn't even know it was back there. I was cutting down 3" trees and it didn't even bog the engine. Like I said, I am extremely happy with the tractor.

I've had 2 warranties issues though. The backhoe attachment is leaking at the top cylinder. Also the front loader screw fell out and I lost a bushing. The company I bought it from told me to come and get the part. So I had it in less than 30 minutes. He also gave me Loctite (blue) also.

• limebuzz and Cublover have said thanks